• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Where is winter???

C

CMCM

I've been skiing at my closest hill, Boreal resort, which is white and nicely covered, mostly with snowblower snow on top of a couple of early storms. But they are devoted to making snow and do it quite well, I must say. No patches, plenty thick, surprisingly good quality. The temp is cold enough to keep the snow nice. But it's not Squaw, where I have a pass. Squaw doesn't have enough snow yet. Where the heck are the storms??? We're being punished for our incredible year last year! :Cry:

madskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I too share your pain,but here in europe we are still short of snow-in austria there is extensive snowmaking and else,but in greece(searching for some white days) no rain -no snow....i think i m gonna cry

eclaire

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, consider yourself lucky I guess. Here in the northeast, we've got NOTHING!! :mad:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I just heard that Sugarbush (VT) got four inches of snow at the summit today. Maybe there IS hope!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Tremblant got about 5 cm today, though still just two green runs open. I went today (ask me if I'm desperate!) and while terrain was limited and visibility poor, it was good to get out.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rain, rain, and more rain here. No white in sight. Not even cold enough to make snow. :mad2: :frusty:

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Still too warm in PA for anything to open, or really even for blowing snow. Looks like it should get colder towards the end of this week, so maybe some places will open by the weekend of the 17th? Ergh. :(

Jilly

Staff member
R word here too!! And way too warm.

I do remember that if you got to ski before Christmas you were lucky!!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
If this keeps on much longer, I am going to start considering taking on an interior painting project for the holidays!! For real! Will need some serious distraction...:mad2:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Maybe I should have gotten my knee and shoulder fixed this summer!

That would have guaranteed an excellent ski season in the West.

skithesierras

Angel Diva
Maybe I should have gotten my knee and shoulder fixed this summer!

That would have guaranteed an excellent ski season in the West.

Yes, if you had gotten your knee and shoulder fixed, we probably would've had epic snow conditions by now. Isn't that the way it works? :noidea:

(Sorry to hear about the bum knee and shoulder SB4E :( )

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Some years when we've had fabulous snow before Christmas, I've noticed it wasn't so great for the rest of the season. So this year I'm telling myself the winter will – eventually – be wonderful. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if good snow lingers on well into April – but of course then the mountain will close.

Some of us (the desperate ones) are going out today to ski on the two runs open at Tremblant; mainly I want to demo some skis and maybe it's better to demo in bad conditions.

beckylh84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm getting tired of waiting! The local resorts keep pushing back their opening dates. I was planning on going to Wisp in Western MD this weekend, but now I am going to have to wait until the 18th or so. :Cry:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna