• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Roxy Ski Camp 2012

kit125

Certified Ski Diva
kit125 -We are planning something for Friday. I'll let you know throught a PM since you're not there yet!

Tomorrow night I'll post an itiinerary?? and meeting places for Friday. Also I'll PM cell #'s!

Great! Thanks!!

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think Mom of Redheads hasn't been out much either.

I've been out for an hour two or 3 times at our local anthill (>170 ft). The last time was in fresh snow and it made my legs tired, sadly. Last year I was kickboxing when the season started and had no fitness issues during the year. This year, the kickboxing class stopped around Halloween and I have not replaced the exercise... and I will pay for that starting this weekend, I can already tell! especially if it snows a couple of inches daily while we aare at Whistler.

I will be there on Friday, but I think I will need to be very careful, or I will be too sore on Saturday to be very productive. It's never the first day out that's the problem, it's always the second (at least for me)...

Wasn't there a post last winter from eclaire about pre-skiing stretching somewhere? Must go look that up...

Looking forward to it, but anticipating some pain and frustration over the weekend (the good kind though - so I'm not dreading it, just anticipating it)!!

Jilly

Staff member
Oh, I think we'll be taking it easy on Friday anyways. Don't want to hurt anybody before the camp!!

kit125

Certified Ski Diva
It's never the first day out that's the problem, it's always the second (at least for me)...

Looking forward to it, but anticipating some pain and frustration over the weekend (the good kind though - so I'm not dreading it, just anticipating it)!!

I'm glad you said it! I do take a Jazzercise class once a week, but I know I'm not in top form. I went out for a few hours at Blue Mountain yesterday and I was feeling it! I started thinking to myself on the lift, "how am I going to make it for 2 full days?"!

But it will be fun, of that I have no doubt!!
:thumbsup:

ScottishGirlie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been nursing a ligament injury in my foot for almost two months and have done zero exercise as a result for weeks. My fitness levels will be in the gutter - eeck!!!

Been shopping in Glasgow today, got a few last minute items before I fly out on Wednesday.

So looking forward to meeting you all!!

Mitch09

Certified Ski Diva
Just to let you all know...it was "puking powder here" these last couple of days....more this week in the forecast! :snow:

Really looking forward to meeting everyone...I think the list is up to 11or 12 Divas now!!!! :grouphug:

I think many of us will be pacing ourselves over the two days....must remember to bring my "friend" Ibuprofen! :laughter:

Rosie Facer

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm glad you said it! I do take a Jazzercise class once a week, but I know I'm not in top form. I went out for a few hours at Blue Mountain yesterday and I was feeling it! I started thinking to myself on the lift, "how am I going to make it for 2 full days?"!

But it will be fun, of that I have no doubt!!
:thumbsup:

I'm so glad it's not just me. I was up on the local hill last Friday (warm and wet, a two pairs of pants day) and only managed about three hours before my boots broke me (that dodgy sprained ankle I did in September came back to haunt me, in spite of the physio and rehab :mad2:). I went back up on Tuesday night and only did a couple of runs before retreating, whimpering, back home.

Very concerned right now!

Whistlergrrrl

Certified Ski Diva
Hello! hope you are feeling better......sorry to lose you out of our group on Sunday!! came to say good-bye but you must have already gone :( Come back to Whistler to ski again!

Whistlergrrrl

Certified Ski Diva
So, is there any interest in a Diva gathering at a Roxy ski camp next season.

I've already spoken to Ski Diva about this (and Mountainxtc), so this is not something I'm starting, just getting rolling.

It's a little too early for any concrete planning, but is there any interest is what I want to know?

I'm in for late January 2012.
No wonder this camp was sold out! You Divas were already talking about this last spring!

Covie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hello! hope you are feeling better......sorry to lose you out of our group on Sunday!! came to say good-bye but you must have already gone :( Come back to Whistler to ski again!

Whistlergrrrl!!! I'm sorry I didn't see you at the end of the camp :(
I'm still so sick - hoping to make it into the office tomorrow. I cannot believe I managed to ski on Sunday at all considering how bad this has been.
Hope we can ski again sometime - until then I will be practicing my tree and bump runs!:D

Rosie Facer

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Really bummed about the whole boot thing. Ankle still a bit sore but had a boot refit and they feel a million percent better in store than they did, although I haven't tested them "in anger" yet. Plan to go night skiing sometime this week.

Looking forward to getting back up to Whistler later this season.

Jilly

Staff member
Wow, what a difference in my skiing. Yah MSL it could be/was tweaked!

We just got back from Tremblant and 2 great days. Even with the icy conditions, balance was better, steering was on and it was 6 turns this problem, 6 turns that problem then bring it all together!!

No bumps, ice cubes are not my idea of bumps!

mountainxtc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We just got back from Tremblant and 2 great days. Even with the icy conditions, balance was better, steering was on and it was 6 turns this problem, 6 turns that problem then bring it all together!!

Hey, I've heard of that technique somewhere..... :wink:

Glad to hear you are ripping Jilly. The bumps are chalky soft here right now and it's been bluebird since wednesday. Doh. If only the camp had of been this weekend. Now I want to see you back here later in the season so I can check up on you!!

PS Next Roxy camp is next weekend..... :wink:

Jilly

Staff member
For anyone interested there is still one camp left this year.

So, come late summer we'll start thinking about this again. Dates won't be posted until November I would think.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna