• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Roxy Ski Camp 2012

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There's nothing pretty about my skiing, I'm sure. Except in my head! :laugh:

When we're on the lift, I'll ask DH what I look like, and he always points out someone with their skis way apart, skidding turns, looking only semi in control. And I think, stop teasing me! But sadly, he's probably not! Boo. Anyway, after last February's season ending lesson when the instructor pointed out an endless list of things needing correction and I left feeling horribly depressed, I screwed my head back on and plan to come prepared to start from the ground up!

Find someone good (and patient) for whatever group I end up in, mountainxtc! :eek: (Seriously, I'm sure you're all good and patient)....

Jilly, I'm sure Dad of Redheads would be up for skiing with you again if I don't hold you guys back... but we'll be flying in late and getting a slow start on Friday, I'm sure... Maybe late morning early afternoon after you're worn out (and slower, LOL)??

PNWSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I vividly remember how pretty your skiing was in the ski-off, and thinking, oh yeah, she's better than me, we're not in the same group. :smile:

You are so sweet! I'm just glad we made the ski off after being stuck on the chairlift!

GG- Jilly has been dangling carrots all over the place so here it is! :carrot: You still have 3 more weeks until the session that we are all going to attend.

mountainxtc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Re the ski off. No one is judging you. It is actually useful for us if you resort to all your favourite old bad habits. If I am leading the split I will always stress for people to ski how they normally ski. It's first run of the day, we know that. If you try to ski super fast or try short turns for the first time or whatever might come into your head to impress the crowd you may wind up in a group that is not as useful for you. Plus, if it turns out that you really did have the worst run of your life we will switch you into a different group at lunch. So no big deal. Relax, breathe, this is supposed to be FUN!! :D

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The term "ski off" makes this sound like some reality TV show!

If we post footage here on ski diva, can everyone "text their vote?" Do we get to meet Ryan Seacrest? I'm worried I'll be voted off the island!

:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::laughter:

Mitch09

Certified Ski Diva
Wahooo....only 3 more weeks to go!!!1:clap:

I'm just hoping my legs last the full 2 days in a row.....:goodluck:

Jilly

Staff member
Relax, breathe, this is supposed to be FUN!!

You mean its not a course ski off??? :ROTF:

OMG I hated my 2 ski off!

Really this is not to judge, its to make sure you're in the right grouping and will learn and improve. Just like the comments in the lesson thread.

ScottishGirlie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh heck...now I'm getting all nervous listening to all you experts!!!

I have one pair of skis... so that is what'll be coming. They're not too skinny underfoot, but they're not big either. They're Rossi Zenith Z76 Carbon sticks!!

I reckon my level is maybe 5.5. I'll probably fall face first in the ski off!! :embarrassed:

What the heck though, the weekend will be a blast!! :D

ScottishGirlie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone in for a meet up Friday morning??

I've been to Whistler a number of times. So has Lizzy. We could do a tour I suppose. Must talk to Lizzy about this but......... interest??

Would love to catch a few runs with you Jilly! I'm sure Covie could be persuaded too! Even if you guys just wanted to meet for a couple of hours if you fancy. :wink:

Christy

Angel Diva
I'm just hoping my legs last the full 2 days in a row

No kidding. The last thing we did on day 2 last year was ski from Blackcomb Glacier all the way down to Merlin's. I was dying.

Lizzy

Certified Ski Diva
In responce to Jilly, I'm all for meeting up with others to ski on Friday. I am not a fast skiier but I love to do it. Like the rest of you I dread the Ski off ( I will probably fall on my face/butt knowing me). Looking forward to meeting all of you

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Christy, you want to PM me? I don't want to bog up the thread with asking for into that's probably in there six pages back. Do you gals have a bed for me somewhere?

lol I've got my cot and pad, too. It's only an 8 hour drive...

ScottishGirlie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So today I had a guy in for a beginners lesson, here in sunny Scotland. He tells me that he's going off to Whistler on the 18th of January for twelve nights. So I say to him that I'll be there, I might even spot him out on the slopes!! I then asked him where he was staying. You know what's coming don't you? Yes, he is staying in the same hotel as Covi and I! What are the chances of that? It's a small world!

14 days until Covie and I arrive in Whistler!! :thumbsup:

17 days until the Roxy Camp - can't wait! :ski:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna