• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Roxy Ski Camp 2012

Covie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The same thing keeps happening to me!!!
There will be 4 people I know in Whistler the same time as us - what are the odds?

kit125

Certified Ski Diva
I'm in!!

I'd secured a spot, but wasn't sure I'd be able to get away from work, but it's official....I'M IN!!! Plane tickets booked, hotel secured. Yay!!! :yahoo:

I'm flying into VYR late on Thursday night and planning to drive up Friday for some skiing to get my self warmed up (haven't been skiing yet this year!). If anyone needs a ride, please let me know. I'll have space. Looking forward to meeting you all!

I'll probably fall face first in the ski off!! :embarrassed:

Don't worry...I'll be right next to you. :becky:

kit125

Certified Ski Diva
So did you get the last spot then?

I'm still trying to get my head around an 8 hour drive.

No, I actually booked back in early December but wasn't 100% sure if I could attend. And since the cancellation policy was so liberal, I thought I'd just take a chance. Now I can 100% confirm I will be there! If there was a spot open, it might still be!

ScottishGirlie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd secured a spot, but wasn't sure I'd be able to get away from work, but it's official....I'M IN!!! Plane tickets booked, hotel secured. Yay!!! :yahoo:

I'm flying into VYR late on Thursday night and planning to drive up Friday for some skiing to get my self warmed up (haven't been skiing yet this year!). If anyone needs a ride, please let me know. I'll have space. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Don't worry...I'll be right next to you. :becky:

That's great you're coming!

Looks like a lot of us are dreading the ski off!!

Remember and check out these threads too:

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13559

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12909

See you very soon!!! :wink:

amazon_blonde

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, it was great last weekend. I met mountainxtc -- it was nice to put a face to the name. She convinced / pushed me to go in level 6, which was great, as it was where I needed to be. (whistler operates on a 6 level system, not 8 or 9). My coach was fabulous and my skiing improved significantly. The technique is a work in progress, but my confidence gotta real boost. A great weekend.
I wish I could do it again at the end of the month but I think it's booked up.
Have fun!

ScottishGirlie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for posting!

That's great that you had a good time and really valued the work put into the camp and your ski-ing! Sounds like a great set-up!

I was looking at the levels the other night. When I watch the videos, I wouldn't say I was a level 5, but then I'm not a 6 on the basis of flying down chutes and steeps like somebody who skis the mountains all the time but I can carve though! I guess we'll see what happens by the end of the camp!

That's such a shame the next camp is full, would have been great if you could have come up again.

Christy

Angel Diva
I'm hearing so much about people cancelling their trips to UT and CO and rebooking for Whistler that I'm getting concerned about crowds! Someone on Epic posted a picture of the lift line for Jersey Cream last week and it was shocking. Hopefully that was a fluke...

mountainxtc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm hearing so much about people cancelling their trips to UT and CO and rebooking for Whistler that I'm getting concerned about crowds! Someone on Epic posted a picture of the lift line for Jersey Cream last week and it was shocking. Hopefully that was a fluke...

It's a story I hear on every second chairlift ride right now... Everyone is coming here because of the lack of snow anywhere else in north america. Great for business, not so much for lift lines. Of course, Roxy groups get lift line priority so we are set....

@amazon_blonde Great meeting you too. I looked for you sunday afternoon at apres. Wanted a chance to chat properly and get a debrief on your camp experience but you must have taken off already. So glad you had a great time. From what I hear Kim had a great group that skied well together :thumbsup:

amazon_blonde

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@amazon_blonde Great meeting you too. I looked for you sunday afternoon at apres. Wanted a chance to chat properly and get a debrief on your camp experience but you must have taken off already. So glad you had a great time. From what I hear Kim had a great group that skied well together :thumbsup:

We got back to the après very late on Sunday. Kim was spending some extra time on analysis of our skiing. We did have a great, supportive group. Some had better technique, some not as great but fearless -- which was a good mix. Also, props to Kim. Big groups are hard but I think we all felt special and like she had really given us individualized coaching. And she answered a zillion questions.

As I mentioned, I'm skiing in JH this week and DH cannot believe the change in my confidence. I'm attacking moguls and even trees! Egad. Hes trying to keep up with ME! :becky: The changes are still coming but I feel like I know what I'm working towards. can't wait to do another camp later this year. It's so worthwhile. I'm recommending it to all my women skier / boarder friends.

(Btw, I decided not to wait on the boots, and I'm glad I bit the <expensive> bullet and got new ones from fanatyc. It's a huge difference. I need a few tweaks when I get back, but buying new boots before a trip actually worked out.)

ScottishGirlie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
amazon_blonde, just spotted elsewhere that you've blown your knee out in JH so can't come and visit us in a couple of weeks at the camp.

I'm so, so sorry to read about your knee.

Big hugs from me and loads of healing vibes.

amazon_blonde

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks scottishgirlie! I'm super bummed out, but trying to keep perspective. It could be worse. Ski patrol has been carrying lots of people off the mountain this week and the clinic was filled with people in worse shape than me. I'm in denial that it's that bad -- MRI will tell.

kit125

Certified Ski Diva
Will it be bad if my first time out skiing this year will be at camp next weekend? My plans seem to be falling through for this weekend...

Jilly

Staff member
I think Mom of Redheads hasn't been out much either. Lizzy's going to have 2 days on the Ontario 208'! So.....

One of the reason why I wanted to do this camp this early was to give everyone a chance to use want they'll learn through the rest of the season. So if its you're first or second time out, they'll get the bad habits quick!

Lizzy

Certified Ski Diva
I will actually have 3 days. I am on hill tomorrow as my DH assistant in the am. I am catching and releasing eight 4 & 5 year olds for 2 hours. Should be fun!!!

kit125

Certified Ski Diva
That's a good point!

One of the reason why I wanted to do this camp this early was to give everyone a chance to use want they'll learn through the rest of the season. So if its you're first or second time out, they'll get the bad habits quick!

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm very much looking forward to getting out there! It will also be my first time on my new gear. There's still a chance I might be able to get out today, but it's looking more and more slim... Please let me know if anyone if planning to hit the slopes a little on Friday before camp.

ScottishGirlie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't been on snow yet this year either...although I do ski plastic all year round (Google dry slopes in the UK if you haven't heard of them before!). You'll be fine!!

See if you can get your post count up to 25 so you can see some extra threads that you maybe can't see!

See you very soon!!

Jilly

Staff member
kit125 -We are planning something for Friday. I'll let you know throught a PM since you're not there yet!

Tomorrow night I'll post an itiinerary?? and meeting places for Friday. Also I'll PM cell #'s!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna