• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Roxy Ski Camp 2012

Jilly

Staff member
So, is there any interest in a Diva gathering at a Roxy ski camp next season.

I've already spoken to Ski Diva about this (and Mountainxtc), so this is not something I'm starting, just getting rolling.

It's a little too early for any concrete planning, but is there any interest is what I want to know?

I'm in for late January 2012.

Christy

Angel Diva
I know that I will definitely want to do this next year, and I can go pretty much anytime since I can just drive up. So count me in. I like the idea of January since it may be slightly less busy than Feb or March (though maybe Whistler, being so close to a large city, doesn't ever really slow down on weekends).

Jilly

Staff member
My thoughts for a January date were, crowds, off season for lodging, off season for flights and you would still have time to practice what you've learned.

Remember this camp is only a weekend. Not a full week.

Christy

Angel Diva
The camp runs all day both days, so if you do want to explore more of W-B you should come early or stay late. I will. :smile:

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
$200??? :thumbsup: Wow, that's civil servant pricing! I really need to get out of Utah for this kind of thing and to actually meet Divas in person (I'll meet marz this weekend, my first Diva ever!!). One more link to add to my "skiing" bookmark folder for reference next year. I could definitely do January, or maybe February if it's early in the month.

Can you believe I've never ever been to Canada?

Christy

Angel Diva
Mmmmm....I got a very large slopeside hotel room with jacuzzi and view for $130...good enough? I never have a hard time finding deals in Whistler. Restaurants can be pricey but there are always condo and hotel deals.

There actually IS an old school ski lodge with beds for $50...but they are just beds.
https://www.alpinelodge.com/

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I guess it depends on how well I recover from my skiing-induced poverty along with the costs of moving this summer. I could always take a dorm bed, use earplugs, and keep everyone else awake with my snoring! But $150 a night isn't really bad at all.

marzNC

Angel Diva
So, is there any interest in a Diva gathering at a Roxy ski camp next season.

I've already spoken to Ski Diva about this (and Mountainxtc), so this is not something I'm starting, just getting rolling.

It's a little too early for any concrete planning, but is there any interest is what I want to know?

I'm in for late January 2012.

Sounds very tempting. Especially if ski buddy JC would like to check out W/BC more. He managed a couple days late season last winter after a conference. I'm a definite Maybe.

If a tentative date was available, then I could put in a timeshare search and see what happens. Would definitely stay for around a week to make it worth flying from the southeast.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm interested.

I know it's way early, slightly off topic, and I could research it myself, BUT ... what other good mountains are within, say, 4 hours' drive of Whistler? For those travelling a long distance, being able to hit 2 or 3 places in one trip might sweeten the deal.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm interested, even if were just Whistler, but 10 months seems very, very far away--I rarely make plans more than 3 months ahead of time because things just tend to change so much. On the other hand, that lack of planning is why I rarely take true get-out-of-town vacations.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Prob. just the stuff outside of Seattle (4.5-ish hours), vickie. There's Cypress outside of Vancouver. I think getting into the interior of BC starts to become a pain in the rear. But really, I could stay at Whistler for a long period of time.

I did the Jan. 8-9 camp. Crowds were manageable because, among other things, you are with a ski school instructor, so you zip up in line. Also, that weekend was the weekend immedately after New Years and before U.S. Martin Luther King Jr. weekend, so more people were headed up there on those longer weekends. I don't think I met another person from the U.S. there that weekend. Of course, I was in bed by 9:30....

eSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm planning on doing the Champagne Ski three days in March with Whistler Sports. If Roxy was in March that would be awesome. A week long trip makes it worth the flight.

Christy

Angel Diva
what other good mountains are within, say, 4 hours' drive of Whistler?

Mt. Baker. But, it's not a resort--there's no on-mountain lodging.
Cypress and Grouse Mts, but I'm not sure they're worth giving up a day at Whistler for. I've heard it's neat to night ski on Grouse, because all of Vancouver is laid out before you.

But frankly Whistler is so big and interesting, I'm not sure I'd bother with anyplace else, unless you're looking for a real change of pace (which Mt Baker would be).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna