• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Roxy Ski Camp 2012

skyy_blue7

Certified Ski Diva
Roxy Camp at Whistler

I am planning on doing the Roxy Camp in 2012 in Whistler. I did it last year and it was great! Just noticed that no one has posted on this thread since April 2011 but it any one does come by give me a holler!

Jilly

Staff member
skyy blue7, once you reach 25 posts, you'll get to see a whole new section called Diva's only darling. In there we have a list of Diva's heading to Whistler for Roxy January 28 and 29!

I think we have about 10 coming!

amazon_blonde

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skyyblue7, I'm a 5 aspiring to 6. I can get down everything but dont look so pretty doing it. But the camps have groups for all levels. I'm not sure I'm free the last weekend of January, otherwise it would be nice to meet some of the divas.

skyy_blue7

Certified Ski Diva
Wow, that's crazy! Crazy so many divas are coming and crazy that there is a special secret section. Very exciting. I guess I better start posting. Being Divas, I am sure you have plans all worked out but let me know if you need help with anything (e.g, restaurants, activities)

skyy_blue7

Certified Ski Diva
@amazon_blonde. Will keep you posted. Since you are local we should connect anyway. Do you get to Whistler often? I am always looking for ski buddies, particularly mid-week.

mountainxtc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just a heads up you guys. Many of the regular coaches will not be teaching the Jan 7/8 camp. It will still be awesome, just a little different than usual..... I guess this only makes a difference if you have taken a camp before....

I'll be there as usual :smile:

skyy_blue7

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for the heads up mountainxtc! I have taken the camp before but not sure I would know the difference.

amazon_blonde

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Different how? I haven't done the camp before because I rarely have two days off in a row, so I think I'm in for it anyway, but now I'm curious.

Skyyblue7, I almost never ski midweek -- my day job is not flexible. I'm jealous that you get to!

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Finally got around to sorting myself out! Condo booked - plane tickets booked with airline points, and lift tickets bought with amex points! Woot.

Now I just need to find a shuttle to get from the airport to Whistler.

DH is coming with. We got his parents to watch the Tribe of Redheads, so we added a few days to our trip. Arriving (late) Thursday and taking a red-eye home Monday night! So, at least a few extra days of skiing with DH as well as the clinic. Hope you don't mind including him for any Diva get togethers...

:yahoo:

Jilly

Staff member
Wahoo, too bad Mr Jilly and Mr Lizzy aren't coming with us!! They had fun Mr. MofR in Tremblant last year!!

Rosie Facer

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Now I just need to find a shuttle to get from the airport to Whistler.

There is a bus/coach service between the airport and Whistler but I've never used it so can't help with the frequency. If you are stopping in Vancouver, the Canada Line will get you in to downtown and the coach service as well as Greyhound will get you from downtown Vancouver up to Whistler.

Jilly

Staff member
Yah, Lizzy and I are travelling together. Bus from Airport to Whistler runs about every 1 to 1 1/2hr regularly. But with 2 of us, I think I can get a car cheaper on my points. And we don't have to be a schedule that way. I guess I'm a little too independant sometimes!!

amazon_blonde

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does mountainxtc or someone who has been to the camp know whether the focus is off piste? I'm trying to decide which skis to bring -- Prophets (100 underfoot) or Conquers (84 underfoot). Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna