• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I don't like that skiing banana

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Testing

astrosmiley2.gif

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Insert images 101:
Hilarious! How do you import a smiley that's not part of the regular choices?

Locate the url of the image you want to import,
Right click the image and select "Copy Image Location"
then click on the icon we use to import pictures (that'd be the sixth one from the right in the row above the reply box; the icon that looks like a box with a mountain in it).
Click on this box >
insertimage.gif

Enter the url for the image there, and that should do it.
Paste (or shift insert) the image location you just copied into the command box, and click "okay"

Please note that the url has to be for the actual image, and not for the page on which the image is located. For example, to import the dreaded skiing banana that's on this site, the url would be the address for TheSkiDiva.com, followed by /images/smilies/ski.gif. It won't work unless you have the url exactly right, and that isn't always easy to determine. And you must use the icon for inserting an image -- not for linking to a url (that's the icon that looks like a globe with a chain in front of it -- the 9th one from the right in the row above the reply box).

For example, SnowHot got the image for this:

snowfalling.gif

by using the address for epicski (https://forums.epicski.com), followed by /images/snowfalling.gif
https://forums.epicski.com/images/smilies/snowfalling.gif

You see, each image has a text equivalent.

Hope this helps!
What she said^^^

Don't get testy on me young lady!!!
I may have to bring out the https://forums.randi.org/images/smilies/bananas/Banane20.gif
or this>>
Banane20.gif

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You know, despite being the odd one out here, I'm glad I posted this darn banana thing. No, really I am. Really.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's how I feel about the emocations. I prefer those that don't move. I actually miss some of the older ones. I found the ones that are not so explicit leave more room for imagination.
Yeah, I don't like any of the moving emoticons. They are distracting. I ignore all most all emoticons anyway except for winks, smiles, tears, whatever. Mainly because they make as much sense to me as those icons on my car dashboard.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does the groom eat the baby after the baby pulls on the tie in the second one?

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Liquidfeet, I too am real glad you posted about the banana. I often don't see things that others clearly do, so it was a good check & glad I checked w/my husb as you asked. Otherwise I would never have thought about how distracting they can be. After all, someday I may want to post something serious & get someone's full attn. Now I know to leave the flitty little one's off.

Love the ROTFLMAO & Laughing till the tears come out ones!! Can we have those ? or maybe epic should add those. I coulda used one over there today. Maybe a warning emoticon for keyboard spit protection ? Kinda like, don't open or read until after you swallow your pepsi ?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
You got it!

I'd already added this one: :spit:

Now I'll add these, too:
:ROTF:
:laughter:

Might be enough for a while, though. Wouldn't you say?

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:ski2: .:ski:
I think the little jumper is getting his groove on too, mabe we should try to keep them seperated.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Absolutely my favorite of all time. :ROTF: I'm waiting for a chance to use it!:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
Boy that feels good!

Well....one of us is a newlywed and one of us is a bride to be!
married.gif

Right, Sheena?:wink:

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well....one of us is a newlywed and one of us is a bride to be!
married.gif

Right, Sheena?:wink:

Yep! I can't believe I have been married for five months already! Not much longer for you til your wedding day now, NVG?! I thought that wedding one was cute, and a good one to save for future use on this board! I did not notice until someone else pointed out that the baby bounces out...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna