• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I don't like that skiing banana

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK, now I know I'm alone and weird.... hmmmmm. But that's simply what I see, so I'm gonna have to live with it! :rolleyes:

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Am I really totally all alone on this one?

I don't see this as a female banana, nor a genderless banana. This is a randy guy banana, expressing enthusiasm with a possessed look in his eyes and a lewd grin on his face, making body movements that invite only one interpretation. The fact that someone has put him on skis doesn't change that.

It just seems odd that women are so warmly using this guy. There's nothing wrong with him per se, but he seems more fitted to TGR or Epic. I don't really care, but I'm surprised no one yet has agreed with me. Am I truly the only one here who thinks this?

Can Divas ask their male SOs what they think?

I asked. The response was, " it's cute, it's funny & it could be become irritating if you were reading something long requiring concentration to have this enthusiastic banana jumping around the whole time."

I am a frequent user of this banana with the protruding lips, & yes, they protrude , but then I don't wear red lipstick myself for that reason & don't believe in lip enhancing injections gone wrong(which this does make me think of). I use it because it is one of the emoticons which reflect my enthusiasm. And, if my 10 yr old walks up behind me, he loves to watch the banana dance. Having been a 40-60 hr a week main frame user for 25 yrs., requiring the epitomy of professionalism, I feel very freed now to use emoticons on this forum. Now, if you really want an experience of suggestiveness, work with cops & firefighters & , oh, yeah, forgot, they're just flat out blatant. :jaw: :doh: :faint: or :boom: then, who me ? :noidea: :boxing: :director: :nono: $$$ ??.

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK, now I know I'm alone and weird.... hmmmmm. But that's simply what I see, so I'm gonna have to live with it! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry. This takes me back to when I was young, innocent, about 20 & married a year. We were at an after-work party & 1 of the woman, I won't even describe her discussion, but anyhow during the course of her innebriated extremely suggestive & blatant discorse, brought up cucumbers. If this was a dancing/skiing cuc, I would be right there with you. Is it possible you were also subjected or witnessed such an eyeopening crude but laughable situation about bananas at sometime ?

Now that I think about it, there is a lot of history behind almost every variety of vegetable that I can think of. Mr. Potatoe head, Pumpkin head, zuchinni, beans up the nose, ears of corn, & of course being in California we go beyond vege's to fruits & the chiquita banana lady. Who was that lady anyhow ? Always makes me think of Charo. Who by the way I've met & really admire for sidetracking her career to be a stay at home mom. Granted, in Hawaii, but still has good priorities & not afraid to be herself.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
sarcasm meter needed to read this post!

Can we move this thread to Humour!?
I do this > :spit: < Everytime I read it!

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
sarcasm meter needed to read this post!

Can we move this thread to Humour!?
I do this > :spit: < Everytime I read it!

Cuc's got to you too ?? !

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sarcasm ?? I'm being real here ! Really !

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do we have an "I'm crackin' myself up emoticon?" or a "you're crackin' me up !"one ? maybe an exploding ear of corn ? !

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do we have an "I'm crackin' myself up emoticon?" or a "you're crackin' me up !"one ? maybe an exploding ear of corn ? !
I'm going to look for that one!!!

hititbanana.gif

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SH,
when you look that 1 up, also look up if it's pc or not, back in my cobwebs I'm thinking somewhere I may have heard the song "Johnny cracked corn" had sometype of un-pc ref. But then again, I don't care. Really.

I'm kind & respectful, but I don't care to forget everything or ignore things just 'cause someone says it's not cool. I've actually never been :cool: in my life. Just myself. I hope.:becky:

abc

Banned
The response was, " it's cute, it's funny & it could be become irritating if you were reading something long requiring concentration to have this enthusiastic banana jumping around the whole time."
That's how I feel about the emocations. I prefer those that don't move. I actually miss some of the older ones. I found the ones that are not so explicit leave more room for imagination.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey, I resemble that remark! :becky:

:focus: - :ski: nope, no innuendo for me either.
I thought you'd like that!
My favourites that have been added on epic are snowball fight and falling snow:

snowfalling.gif

snowfight.gif

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SH,
when you look that 1 up, also look up if it's pc or not, back in my cobwebs I'm thinking somewhere I may have heard the song "Johnny cracked corn" had sometype of un-pc ref

I haven't heard of it as Johnny cracked corn but it's probably a variant of Jimmy Crack Corn, which I believe originated as a blackface minstrel song.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Your are probably right about the song having ministeral background. There is reference to "my master's gone away" so I guess it would depend on the history whether or not it's un-PC or if it's folk. Essentially the singer is celebrating freedom.

Banana still making me laugh. I kind of think he is a little in the back seat to be suggestive though. And the reference to the cucumber, killing me, absolutely killing me.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Hilarious! How do you import a smiley that's not part of the regular choices?

Locate the url of the image you want to import, then click on the icon we use to import pictures (that'd be the sixth one from the right in the row above the reply box; the icon that looks like a box with a mountain in it). Enter the url for the image there, and that should do it.

Please note that the url has to be for the actual image, and not for the page on which the image is located. For example, to import the dreaded skiing banana that's on this site, the url would be the address for TheSkiDiva.com, followed by /images/smilies/ski.gif. It won't work unless you have the url exactly right, and that isn't always easy to determine. And you must use the icon for inserting an image -- not for linking to a url (that's the icon that looks like a globe with a chain in front of it -- the 9th one from the right in the row above the reply box).

For example, SnowHot got the image for this:

snowfalling.gif

by using the address for epicski (https://forums.epicski.com), followed by /images/snowfalling.gif

You see, each image has a text equivalent.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna