• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I don't like that skiing banana

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Of all the smileys, that skiing banana gets on my nerves the most. Has anyone else noticed the sexual innuendo? Same for the OTHER smiley banana.

I've been holding my tongue on this one for a long time, but have finally seen enough of this aggressive fruit.

abc

Banned
Well, not particularly about any bananas, sexual innuendo or otherwise. But I do find many of the smileys quite over the top.

I love the skiing banana and the dancing banana! My kids tell me that the this banana is from a video called "peanut butter jelly time."

The more smilies the better, but liquidfeet, I'll try to limit my use of that suggestive fruit so it's not too annoying~:p

I am still looking for a way to use the chill pill, but it seems like something my teenager would use on me....

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I totally didn't/don't get that about the banana-no suggestion for me. My kid loves it too. Now , if it were a skiing dancing cucumber, maybe I'd have to wonder. Maybe the geographical differences?

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Awwww, I rather like the banana. Well, I actually like all the posts.

The bananas make me smile though.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like the one "new keyboard"
spit.gif

But for volklgirl it should be pepsi instead of water.

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
LOVE the banana. He's totally getting his groove on.

As Shakira would say:
"And I'm on tonight
You know my hips don't lie"...

:bounce:

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The dancing banana is one of my favorites, and I've seen it used on many other forums. When I first saw it, it kinda gave me the impression that the banana was skiing. Then they came out with a special skiing banana!

Here's the debut of the banana in "Peanut Butter Jelly Time". The animation is work safe, but some of the other content on the website is not! https://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/play/733

It's kind of an Internet classic, along with "Badgers" (also found on that site). For fans of the show "Family Guy", there is one episode where Brian comes out dressed up in a banana suit and starts singing "Peanut Butter Jelly Time"!

I LOVE the Banana! I love ALL the smilies! I use the Most I can! I'm very sorry if I offend anyone, but they add to my enthusiasm or disappointment. Much better than just an exclamation point!

As for the sexual inuendo....I didn't even think about that until you mentioned it! Still doesn't represent anything other than a cute banana skiing for me! Sorry....I love em!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
its never a bad time for peanut butter jelly time

peanutbutterjellywithabaseballbat

(that episode of family guy was funny!)

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Am I really totally all alone on this one?

I don't see this as a female banana, nor a genderless banana. This is a randy guy banana, expressing enthusiasm with a possessed look in his eyes and a lewd grin on his face, making body movements that invite only one interpretation. The fact that someone has put him on skis doesn't change that.

It just seems odd that women are so warmly using this guy. There's nothing wrong with him per se, but he seems more fitted to TGR or Epic. I don't really care, but I'm surprised no one yet has agreed with me. Am I truly the only one here who thinks this?

Can Divas ask their male SOs what they think?

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I asked my husband. I said, "How do you interpret the dancing banana smiley?". He looked at me oddly, and said, "It means it's peanut butter jelly time!".
So I pushed a little bit, and asked if he thought the actions were lewd or sexual. Nope, never crossed his mind. :noidea:

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I too like all of the emoticons but am always joking about the dancing banana. I'm often oblivious....so no sexual innuendo noted from my end..........

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Am I really totally all alone on this one?
.......................I don't really care, but I'm surprised no one yet has agreed with me. Am I truly the only one here who thinks this?

Can Divas ask their male SOs what they think?
Yup, sorry but I think you're alone on this one.

I did ask my husband and he laughed his butt off.

You want a suggestive banana? Try this one
Banane20.gif

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am still looking for a way to use the chill pill, but it seems like something my teenager would use on me....
I think you found your opportunity to use it :spit:

sorry but I had to say it, I'm in a goofy mood this morning

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly