• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do you have a home mountain?

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, and no? :smile: We didn't do season passes this year, although we did buy a 6-pack of tickets to Bear Creek (where we've had our season passes the last 2 years). It's really the only place we can realistically make it to on a weekday night.

Skidiamonds

Certified Ski Diva
Hi, I'm new here!
This seems like a good thread to introduce myself :smile:
My home hill is Bromley, Vermont where dh and I have weekday season passes and dd has a season pass to the mtn daycare. By far the friendliest hill south of burlington.

SkiSuki

Certified Ski Diva
I definitely have a special affinity for Mt. Holly in Michigan as it's where I learned to ski last winter! :smile: It's also only 45 minutes or so from my house, so it's not too bad of a drive. Now that I live part-time in Philadelphia I need to find a home mountain here too... I want to check out as many places as I can and perhaps next year I'll get a season pass.

Inoffensive Nickname

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Chestnut Mountain near Galena, IL. DH and I get season passes every year, which pay for themselves in six to ten visits. The runs are short, but there are a couple of challenging hills, and since there's really not a lot within a couple of hours of us, it's our beloved home hill. That's our weekly "date" together. We usually go on Sunday afternoons, because by that time, most of the Chicago suburbanites are gone and the slopes are pretty much empty. Last night, the moon was bright and nearly full, so it made for beautiful night skiing. (One advantage to Chestnut is they run until 9:00 PM every day, and midnight on Fridays in January and February, so it makes for awesome Friday nights.)

SkiBum

Diva in Training
My home not so a "mountain" is Camp Fortune. I go night skiing there since I live near it, but I travel a lot. :smile:

Libby

Certified Ski Diva
Gore Mountain, NY. Even though it's 270 miles away from where we live, we consider it home. We are there every weekend.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I definitely have a special affinity for Mt. Holly in Michigan as it's where I learned to ski last winter! :smile: It's also only 45 minutes or so from my house, so it's not too bad of a drive.
Hehe. I taught there for 4 years. That tiny little place is CRAZY busy!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Gore Mountain, NY. Even though it's 270 miles away from where we live, we consider it home. We are there every weekend.
Well, I drive 225 miles to my little home mountain in northern VA that is a LOT smaller than Gore. Hoping to ski at Gore on Jan. 4 on my way to Lake Placid.

Note that you need to have 25 posts to see threads in Meet On The Hill in Divas Only. Doesn't take long if you introduce yourself by creating a thread in Getting to Know You.

Tvan

Angel Diva
Mohawk Mountain, Cornwall, CT locally - we've had seasons passes for the last 5 years. Stratton is our "home-away-from-home" mountain - we get there 3-4 times a season.

It's Erin

Diva in Training
I have a season pass at Stratton in VT. I live on Long Island but try to get up there as much as possible. Going on a week-long trip with lots of family 12/26-1/2. Will be my first trip of the year, can't wait. Will also be first time trying out my new skis :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna