• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do you have a home mountain?

mojo

Certified Ski Diva
I'm envious! I love Alta even though I can't ski powder to save my life! All my turns on ice I know from New England don't work well in anything else!! :rolleyes:

Have loved Alta for 30 years, very happy to be able to retire here 4 years ago as senior citizen ski bums. Learned to ski in Michigan on similar conditions as New England, familiar with blue ice!

Last edited:

CMCM

Certified Ski Diva
Squaw Valley, and now that I'm over 65, I can get a reasonable season pass every year (best price if you buy in May). When I first started skiing my goal was to become good enough to justify a pass at Squaw, and now I really don't want to go anywhere else. I also get a $59 season pass at a closer resort (Boreal) that has massive snowmaking capabilities and almost always opens well before Squaw, so we do our season warm up there, then only go to Squaw after it opens.

WileyAce

Certified Ski Diva
Mammoth and/or Bear Mountain and/or Snow Summit. Getting my pass for next season. Right now I just purchase day tickets, but those mountains are all about the same distance from me and the season pass is valid at all 3 plus June Mtn.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Mammoth and/or Bear Mountain and/or Snow Summit. Getting my pass for next season. Right now I just purchase day tickets, but those mountains are all about the same distance from me and the season pass is valid at all 3 plus June Mtn.
Oh, I'd heard June Mountain had closed?!? I really enjoyed it when we stayed at Mammoth.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK , I'll call June my home mountain LOL!
It was closed for a year? This is from two weekends ago, over looking Mono Lake and
A short hike and then dropping in to the Face which hasn't been open for years.

20170226_110515-1_resized.jpg

I really like Deer Beer Brown Ale, Bucky and I love JM.

Marigee

Angel Diva
My home mountain is Whitetail, in Mercersburg, PA. It can be challenging skiing in the Mid-Atlantic. This year was horrible and Whitetail closed on 2/28 - it's earliest closing ever.

glamouretta

Certified Ski Diva
Ah I wish I do! Hopefully one day :D
I see after rereading that it's not a literal home, well I dont' neither. Hopefully soon ;p

Joanna

Diva in Training
A place where you ski most of the time? I know many of us go to different mountains now and then, but it'd be nice to know which mountains Divas are calling home.

For example, I have my season pass at Okemo in Vermont. So you can usually find me there.

What about you?
My home mountain is Killington and Pico ..I ski there most all the time ..I'm retired and ski killington mid week and Pico on weekends

Attachments

• IMG_0236.JPG
    IMG_0236.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 2

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
My home mountain is Killington and Pico ..I ski there most all the time ..I'm retired and ski killington mid week and Pico on weekends
Makes sense to me; When in VT I ski Okemo weekdays and Suicide Six weekends, though I do slip over to Pico on a Thursday or Friday the first half of March...

Joanna

Diva in Training
Makes sense to me; When in VT I ski Okemo weekdays and Suicide Six weekends, though I do slip over to Pico on a Thursday or Friday the first half of March...
Do live in Vermont if so it would be nice to ski with you ..I know the season is winding down but it's snowing here today. Will ski this weekend at Pico

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I "live" in Vermont only 5 weeks of the year, unfortunately, and I returned March 18th. Next trip will be September to canoe, kayak, etc. I ski there 3 weeks towards the end of each season and would love to ski with you next March!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's snowed at Okemo and the weather guessers are predicting 8 - 12 overnight and snow in the morning. Usually I'd be beyond thrilled. But 4/1 is the last day of my five month seasonal lease. And I have to work Monday so I can't extend that. I hope to day trip more. However since I now need to get out ... I'm all edgy to get moving and can't safely! :hurt:

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's snowed at Okemo and the weather guessers are predicting 8 - 12 overnight and snow in the morning. Usually I'd be beyond thrilled. But 4/1 is the last day of my five month seasonal lease. And I have to work Monday so I can't extend that. I hope to day trip more. However since I now need to get out ... I'm all edgy to get moving and can't safely! :hurt:
Oh, that is bad timing. I'm glad ours doesn't end until May. I ski in Tahoe; have had lots of bad timing moments with the snow this season. So frustrating when there's powder and you can't ski!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna