• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Sparky

Are Hotronic batteries interchangeable? Lost one

Sorry meant to note that the new lithium batteries are not compatible with the old plugs and all so I did need to change out the elements. While new set! So if yours are old and thinking about upgrading, do it! I got a good deal while in Canada but last I saw they were also on sale at REI for...
  2. Sparky

Are Hotronic batteries interchangeable? Lost one

That must’ve been quite a scare but so glad your son is ok! The batteries should be compatible. Not sure how old your batteries are but I inherited DH’s S3s many years ago now (7-8??) while he upgraded to the S4s. The elements and charger are the same, and I have used his S4s a couple of times...
  3. Sparky

Stabilyx Women's Insulator Tights

Yes they should look like they’re five sizes too small at first and be almost impossible to get on! But should be easier after that though still relatively snug when on. I only wear those unless it’s single digits, then I’ll wear my smartwool over them too.
  4. Sparky

Favorite Base Layers, Go...

Cute stuff! There are a couple Sweaty Betty stores in SoCal. Had a favorite hoody that I was so bummed to have lost in Chicago somewhere :(
  5. Sparky

2 fatalities at Bachelor

We were in the Bachelor parking lot last Friday when the ambulances came, then the helicopter. We went over and watched the helicopter leave shortly after without transporting the patient because he already passed. So sad... Conditions have been so variable, great turns followed suddenly by ice...
  6. Sparky

CW-X question

I have 6 pairs of stabilyx, that’s all I wear. I’m 5’3” and do have to pull them up just a tad to fit my knees. I have both regular and insulated and I’d say the regular is a little shiny and the insulated ones seem to be less so. When it’s really cold I wear my 3/4 icebreaker merino wool...
  7. Sparky

Do you wear your bottom baselayer inside your boot cuff??

This! I wouldn't recommend tights in the boots. I made that mistake early on (my first season skiing!) one day at Whistler, my shin was so sore the next couple days that I could barely ski. I even bought thicker socks to try and cushion it but to no avail. Perhaps some do tuck their baselayers...
  8. Sparky

First time flying with own skis/boots...what do you all use as a boot bag? (Have a hardsided rolling case for skis already to check)

Yes, do not check in your boots!!! At least not on the way out. I also have the Dakine boot pack that I’ve used for many years now, it can fit a ton (but will get heavy), and it just fits into most overhead bins. DH recently got me the Kulkea heated bag that I can’t live without now (amazing how...
  9. Sparky

Help Needed: SLC dog boarding recommendations needed

We try to take our guy wherever we go too so I get it! Here’s the rover we used three years ago… Check out Shauna's pet care profile on Rover: https://r.rover.com/2qiqAY Super nice couple that took really good care of our dog and was very communicative and sent us pictures everyday. They have a...
  10. Sparky

Help Needed: SLC dog boarding recommendations needed

A few years back we found a recently retired couple on Rover that was awesome and reasonably priced and we used them the whole week we were there. They lived at the bottom of the canyon (Sandy or Jordan?), about 20 min from Alta/Snowbird. They will however take in a few dogs at a time so not...
  11. Sparky

Boots that fit! Buy or Wait?

I would agree with those that suggest you should get new boots sooner than later, as well as an insole. And also that, at a whole size too big (if not more) and prob too wide a last, all the shims probably won’t help even temporarily. I had the same problem after my first two seasons skiing and...
  12. Sparky

Body of skier found

Wow, so sad, and yes esp for his sister to find him like that, I can’t even begin to imagine…. There was a tree well death at Bachelor New Year‘s Eve. Please be careful around those tree wells and don’t ski POW alone!!! https://www.bendsource.com/bend/skier-dies-on-bachelor/Content?oid=16032528
  13. Sparky

I'm a Pants Slut!

Cute! No you don’t NEED them. Just like you didn’t need pants #3-9). But you do NEED to buy them!!! And yes, get rid of the ones you don’t wear anymore and that way you‘ll feel better about getting them.
  14. Sparky

Seeking respite from chilly hands and feet!

I have the old Hotronics s3 and love them! I never thought I needed them and now I can’t ski without them. And I only started using them because DH had upgraded to the longer lasting s4 and his old ones would go to waste otherwise. I’ve been using them for about five years, normally set it to 2...
  15. Sparky

Out for the season

So sorry to hear about the awful fall! But glad surgeries went well and you‘re staying positive. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  16. Sparky

Help me find a new uninsulated hardshell

I think my Patagonia powder bowl is my favorite shell. It’s a relatively heavier Gore-Tex shell and it’s one of the most functional jackets I have. I will have to say that I think they tend to run a little big/long so not sure if it’ll work for you (am taller than you?) and perhaps they’ve...
  17. Sparky

Downhill (movie)

Watched it a few weeks ago. Yes not funny as expected but we try to watch anything that has skiing in it. Not a big South Park fan but I even like the Aspen timeshare episode! My favorite ski movie is Sun Valley Serenade - the times I’ve stayed at the Sun Valley Lodge I’d watch it over and over...
  18. Sparky

Golf Divas?

Also, check this out https://operation36.golf. I just signed up for a semester (weekly class for 8 weeks). I haven’t done this before but it sounds pretty good and at a reasonable cost. Looks like they have some camps in the Boston area.
  19. Sparky

Golf Divas?

Knowing you @MissySki, you’ll probably get pretty good quick and be obsessed like skiing! (Like me!) That being said, I wonder if these give you enough room to grow into. I’m not an expert by any means but when I started to get back into golf a couple years ago (after 15 yr hiatus), I ended up...
  20. Sparky

Is coronavirus changing your ski plans?

Yes that is troubling! I thought they were suppose to tell everyone flying in from Europe to self quarantine. Since we got back Friday night about 7pm, we beat the new restrictions that started at midnight. Got through customs in less than 10 min with Global Entry, got our bags in 5 min, another...