• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Favorite Base Layers, Go...

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey do you still love ridge wool? What are you recent favorites?
I do! I still live in the Journey T's as a base layer for working out/hiking/skiing. I guess its called the Wander T now and is available in V neck or Crew. This time of year I also like the Crowley compression tights. They are thicker and are a good for sunny xc skiing (I wear a down skirt also) under a shell pant or around town. I did go up one size on the compression pants from my regular size. I need to try on the new dress.......

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I must be very boring. My go to is under armour cold gear compression base layers or Nike pro. If the first layer is tight, I’m usually pretty good

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I must be very boring. My go to is under armour cold gear compression base layers or Nike pro. If the first layer is tight, I’m usually pretty good
Not boring at all! I love compression layers as well but I'm a Skins, 2XU and CW-X fan.

BonStarlet

Certified Ski Diva
I know I'm starting to sound like a Backcountry ambassador (i blame them for putting a store within walking distance of my house) -- but I recently acquired the Tricot Peak Tech Hoodie and it is quickly becoming my favorite shirt / baselayer. Its' great when its cold under layers. As it has been unreasonably warm here - it's great by itself (and has some GoreTex in it somehow? It is waterproof enough that I made snow angels in it and stayed dry!) and it has vents for more cooling!

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How do you wear the compression tights? They aren’t warm enough to replace my smart wool etc. I don’t want to wear a ton of layers…
I really dislike multiple layers too. I usually just wear my Smartwool PhD Run capris or UA ColdGear (made into capris by my scissors) and reserve my non insulated CW-X for warmer spring skiing. Recently I went to Taos for the first time ever and it got crazy cold. Since I'm not familiar with NM cold snaps, and was in Ski Week, I doubled up my leg layers to avoid any misery and uncomfortableness. The Smartwools glided over the ultra compression CW-X and was amazingly comfortable and functional. I never felt constricted and plan to use this duo again in plummeting temps.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I really dislike multiple layers too. I usually just wear my Smartwool PhD Run capris or UA ColdGear (made into capris by my scissors) and reserve my non insulated CW-X for warmer spring skiing. Recently I went to Taos for the first time ever and it got crazy cold. Since I'm not familiar with NM cold snaps, and was in Ski Week, I doubled up my leg layers to avoid any misery and uncomfortableness. The Smartwools glided over the ultra compression CW-X and was amazingly comfortable and functional. I never felt constricted and plan to use this duo again in plummeting temps.
Are your tights really tight? I have a pair but I don’t feel they are tight, although if I size down…they may squish my stomach more than I want (fibroids etc).

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How do you wear the compression tights? They aren’t warm enough to replace my smart wool etc. I don’t want to wear a ton of layers…
I wear them under wool or insulator tights. I don't find that compression feels like layers until I need to pull everything up after going to the bathroom!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga