• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. num

Solar eclipse 2017

Great pic, Fluffy Kitty :thumb: I went down to southern Illinois for the totality and it was amazing. I especially enjoyed the chirping of the night time bugs and the temperature shift. I'm thinking Texas for 2024. Peq, I remember the annular eclipse of 1994 as well. It was my first major...
  2. num

Diagnosis...

Here's to crushing it in pt :thumb: Sending ++++vibes++++ for recovery.
  3. num

Calling All North Face Ski Pant Wearers

Those look great, elemmac. Let us know how you like them.
  4. num

Does snow get into your ski boots?

A very rare occurrence for me, but it has happened maybe twice?
  5. num

Calling All North Face Ski Pant Wearers

I'm 5'4 with a longer torso and shorter legs. I buy my day to day pants with a 30" inseam, and I wear North Face pants in short. The length is fine for me, not too long or too short, and could be a little shorter without it being a problem. I would be surprised if the North Face short in a...
  6. num

I forgot how to ski

Glad to hear it :thumbsup:
  7. num

I forgot how to ski

You're definitely not alone, many of us have experienced something similar. I'm sure you'll get your mojo back. Just relax and keep at it. I had a forgot how to ski day one day out of the blue. I think it was my second season on skis, and it wasn't my first day of the season nor was I coming...
  8. num

Hamstring Inflamed

Sorry to hear it, Mouse. I don't have much in the way of advice, just lots in the way of sympathy. Like LL, I love cupping. I wouldn't have thought of it for your situation, but it's great for my chronic back/shoulder muscular tension combined with tui na and acupuncture. Actually, while we're...
  9. num

Skier-Snowboarder Animosity at its Worst

I feel like it could be real or bs. Some people out there are pretty crazy, and crazy can take the form of pushing people off chairlifts, or it could take the form of making up stories about being pushed off chairlifts. Since I don't actually have any knowledge to the contrary, I give the...
  10. num

Calling all minimalists

I'm on team minimalist, though I can't say how I'd be if I lived somewhere more ski-focused. Skiing around here, I don't feel like I encounter enough differences in conditions etc to feel a need for variety in my setup.
  11. num

Dizzy. Vertigo or something else?

Sounds super scary, Sheena. It does sound a lot like vertigo, and it makes sense for it to just have been situational. I'd keep an eye out to see if you have similar symptoms in other situations, but I'm sure you're doing that anyway and didn't need to be told. Hopefully there's nothing more...
  12. num

This or That Game

That's awesome, have a great time skimouse and brenda kelley. I've never had toffee bars, but they sound pretty good. I'll go with those. For bigger ski trips (requiring flights etc)- plan well in advance or wait to see what's going on with weather etc and play it by ear?
  13. num

This or That Game

Thanksgiving snow. My answer to early start or late end would have been that I prefer the late end (I love spring skiing), but if I have the option of early snow without a tradeoff, I'll always take it. Speaking of which, we got our first snow here yesterday :) Hills aren't open yet, though...
  14. num

This or That Game

I'll go with the former. I like the clumped together setup when there are more difficult runs on the border of an easier area. Having a bunch of easier runs together lets me get comfortable trying things out at a new area. Ski season starting early or ski season ending late?
  15. num

This or That Game

Fun blue cruiser for me. Fall or spring?
  16. num

Funny for you

What is skiing about? Having a good time.
  17. num

This or That Game

Snow shoeing. I've been meaning to give it try. Ice skating or hanging by the firepit?
  18. num

Abandoning/pushing beginners

This times a thousand. (Bolding mine)
  19. num

For cat lovers only

Glad he's on track, keeping up the vibes for the little guy.
  20. num

Is it possible that I just love... snow?

High five for shoveling, @Divegirl. In my neighborhood, everyone parks on the street and when we get a ton of snow, lots of cars get buried. I can't say I *love* shoveling, but I don't mind it and it can be great exercise. Since lots of people hate it, a couple times each winter I dig out a...