• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Does snow get into your ski boots?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I know of someone who's starting a company that sells liners that keep your feet from getting wet inside your ski boots. Not sweaty wet; wet from snow working its way into the boot's interior. I've never had this problem, so I was wondering: is this something that's a problem for anyone?

elemmac

Angel Diva
I've never had the problem from snow, just sweat. Like Jilly though, I have seen a lot of people with tape on the toe of their boots, normally some wacky colored duct tape.

Christy

Angel Diva
Yes, I have the cabriolet style and snow gets in them and they get pretty wet. At Diva West last year Ursula was impressed by how easily I can get my liners in and out--apparently a lot of people have a hard time with this--and it's because I have to take my liners and even my footbeds out to dry after each ski day. My husband has Langes and also uses duct tape.

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yah, the toes of my liners are usually wet. I don't use tape as I push the tongue out fully in order to tie up my liners. If I don't I end up with a loose tie. Taping them every time seems like way too much work!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Occasionally a drop or two if some snow melts on them, but nothing serious... most recent boots were Fischer Jr. race boots and now Dalbello Chakra.

altagirl

Staff member
I know of someone who's starting a company that sells liners that keep your feet from getting wet inside your ski boots. Not sweaty wet; wet from snow working its way into the boot's interior. I've never had this problem, so I was wondering: is this something that's a problem for anyone?

What is the product's advantage over a couple of inches of duct tape that costs a couple cents and most people have lying around the house already? It can't possibly be cheaper, so there must be some advantage I'm not envisioning... I guess aesthetics, but I'm so used to seeing ski boots with a strip of duct tape that it looks normal to me.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I have Langes, but often wear Boot Gloves so that would solve any potential leakage issue. That said, I have skied many times without, including today in trees/powder and they did not leak.

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have Lange RX 80s, and never had this problem, even when the snow got in the top. I don't see how the snow can get into the toes, unless it's all liquid already, which would be difficult to keep out anyway?

@lisamamot & @cheerrabbit, how do you like the Boot Gloves? I considered them, but I decided against them because I fiddle with the buckles so much, and I've read that they wear quickly if walked on.

Tvan

Angel Diva
No, I've never had this issue.

cheerrabbit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@lisamamot & @cheerrabbit, how do you like the Boot Gloves? I considered them, but I decided against them because I fiddle with the buckles so much, and I've read that they wear quickly if walked on.
My son and I both use them, and I think this is the third season with these pairs. The Velcro on one of mine broke but I can usually make it work. The neoprene has runs and is also cut up near the buckles. I don't play with my buckles though. On the bottom, I can pull the strap passed my son's walking surface so he actually doesn't walk on the strap. Unfortunately, my Kryzmas are completely flat, but the bottom strap is still in good shape.
I got them really cheap on clearance, so for me, they were worth it. Quality is so so, but they do help when temperatures drop in the teens and lower.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga