• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Solar eclipse 2017

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I'm usually a photo junky, but after reading about what'd take to do this event right, I opted for just enjoying the experience, with a few photos of the people I enjoyed the day with, special glasses on and in hand...

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also didn't bother trying to take any good photos and only had my iphone with me to take pics of me and my kids. My 3 year old got scared right when it got dark and ran in the house screaming. It somewhat ruined the 2m 1s that I had to enjoy the image since I was worried about her missing it. Kids. I was amazed at how cold it got, where we were the temp dropped over 20 degrees during that time. I wish I had been out in the middle of nowhere but with kids and family we just went outside the house. The town and neighbor hood we were in is relatively remote so there was lots of quiet. a 360 degree view is what I'll shoot for in 2024.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm jealous of everyone that got to see the totality! I researched what it was that I had previously seen - it was an annular solar eclipse in 1994, which was dramatic in its own way, but apparently a 9 out of 10 on the "wow" scale in comparison to a total solar eclipse. :smile:

Definitely shooting for 2024 and thinking about where it is least likely to be cloudy at that time of year (probably not Vermont...).

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great pic, Fluffy Kitty :thumb:

I went down to southern Illinois for the totality and it was amazing. I especially enjoyed the chirping of the night time bugs and the temperature shift. I'm thinking Texas for 2024.

Peq, I remember the annular eclipse of 1994 as well. It was my first major solar eclipse experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga