• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Any Hockey fans out there?

Calgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don had on a shiny yellow gold suit last night ....did you see that?
CBC has great coverage of hockey.....2nd to none! I watched the Flames and Canucks last night and one of my faves, Jarome Iginla got his 50th goal in the last game of the season.....and one of my other faves, Trevor Linden, may have just played his last ever game in the NHL. Like Sakic, I used to watch Linden play when he was in the WHL, as a junior.
Playoffs start April 9th !!

Calgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That is very cool that your sis got to meet Gordie Howe !!
We don't get to follow too much college hockey here, being that we are in an NHL city that also has a major junior team.....but I am sure that college hockey has the same type of intensity that junior does, so lots of fun to watch.
SuperMoe....did you see Don's suit last night? It was gold and shiny !
I love Don and have been watching him for many yrs, he can really "stir the pot" !
Well I have to get going so I can get "out and about" today!!
Do I type with an accent??? hehehehe

I had trouble with my posting not showing up as complete, sorry if I repeated myself.

Jilly

Staff member
That was some suit. I also like his tributes to the boys and gals in the forces, so the kids etc that are sick or dying. It reminds people there is more than just stick play and creaming some opponent into the boards.

I like the Avs! Going to the games is GREAT fun!!! Now that Peter Forsberg is back, I may get more into it again next year! (Haven't really been following so much this year!)

Calgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
NVG you better start cheering .....QUICK !......before Peter Forsberg is gone again !
Seriously, he's a fierce player and it's great to see him healthy again.
Even though I am cheering for the Flames, who just happen to be up against the Sharks (Yikes!), I really hope the Avs do well !

I know. But I really don't think he'll leave again. I may be naive about this, but it was HUGE to get him back, and he could have signed with ANY team and he chose the Avs! We just LOVE him!!!!

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
MMMMMM... HOCKEY! (my (well our) second winter passion)!

I probably follow college hockey mroe closely than NHL - I learned the sport (and spent 1 year as a student) at RPI, and I graduated from UMass - we've got an up and coming D1 program that DH and I follow religiously. Sometimes it interferes with our skiing! :doh:

We actually go to the NCAA D1 Men's hockey championships every year - it's in Denver this year! :D We go regardless of whether a team we cheer for is participating since it's great hockey regardless. Seeing as DU, CC, and AirForce all bombed out of the tourney I suspect that there will be tickets to be had if any Denver area divas are interested in attending. The semi-final games on this Thursday (April 10) and the championship game is Saturday (April 12).

As for pro hockey I'm a Sen's fan in the NHL. I also sometimes follow the 67s. I was born practically in Canada, not far from YOW so I think it's sort of natural. As a kid I was a Pens fan back in the days of Jagr and Lemieux.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A belated YAHOOO! from me! I just got back into the country to learn that 1) I moved from 39th of 40 to 30th, thanks to picking the eventual winners; 2) the Caps are in the playoffs; 3) we're playing the Cryers, I mean, Flyers :becky: ; and 4) tickets to games 1 and 2 are going at astronomical prices on Craigslist. Hmmm......

Jilly

Staff member
Our local OHL team is in the eastern finals!! Either Oshawa Generals or Niagara. Interesting article in the local paper about goalie Andrew Raycroft - local boy. He's not interested in the playoffs or any hockey for a couple of months. I think contract issues and his lack of playing time this year are his problem. He'll be around for the local goalie camp this summer.

Jilly

Staff member
Calgal, is Don a winner or loser in the fashion field with tonights entry? Better than the gold lame!

Calgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hehehe ..... I was going to make a post about that suit but you beat me to it!! I think Don had someone make this suit from some fancy wallpaper or something !

Jilly

Staff member
Oh, Calgary and the Sharks!! D#@n, Cheechoo is a Bull's alumus. Got to go Canadian team though. Ottawa's not going to make it, so Habs and Flames to the final??

Calgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
An all Canadian final would be great ..... that hasn't happened in a long time. Too many strong teams in the US now.
I like the Sens, they have a lot of injury troubles right now.....too bad.

jaydog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Go Avs! I have rather a fun story about how I became an Avs fan. I grew up in Cleveland, which has every major sport except hockey, so didn't really start following it until high school. My brother had recently become a hockey fan, and cheered for the Sabres because he had a friend who liked them. He kept begging me to play his NHL Sega game with him. I, not being a video game enthusiast, declined until I saw him playing the game set to two controllers so he could win easily. Naturally I had to pick up the second controller to help out the poor defenseless Nordiques. I actually managed to beat him, so I decided to become a Nordiques fan, only to discover that they'd just moved to Colorado. Later on that season my brother figured out that the Sabres weren't any good and so he started cheering for the Red Wings instead. That just so happened to be the year of the Lemieux-Draper business...the rest, as they say, is history.

Of course, now I have the Blue Jackets to cheer for as well. Why did hockey have to come to Ohio after I left?

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In Frozen Four (ncaa) action...Boston College is absolutely destroying North Dakota, 6-0 in the 2nd period of the first semifinal. BC is who my team lost to (and dominated except for a really ugly 2 minutes) so it's just killing me that it could have been US destroying ND. :p

Up later, Michigan vs. Notre Dame...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna