• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Any Hockey fans out there?

Jilly

Staff member
Whoo!! Don tonight - Lime green jacket and #4 Bobby Orr tie!! D$#n Boston won. Next game Montreal Monday night!! It's hard to watch a game at 20deg C. I'd rather be on the patio. Maybe we should move the TV out there!! Hockey and Mike's Hard?? (bottled lemonade with vodka for my American diva's)

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's hard to watch a game at 20deg C. I'd rather be on the patio. Maybe we should move the TV out there!! Hockey and Mike's Hard?? (bottled lemonade with vodka for my American diva's)

I hear you - I was walking to today's game in my Tevas and saw a lot of people carrying their Caps shirts/jerseys, like me. It was 79 deg. F here at game time.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So lets see:

East
Habs and Bruins tied at 3 games apiece -- next game Monday
Flyers lead Caps 3-2 -- next game Monday
Pens sweep Sens 4-0
Rangers beat Devs 4-1

West
Wings lead Preds 3-2 -- next game today
Avs beat Wild 4-2
Sharks lead Flames 3-2 -- next game today
Stars lead Ducks (quack) 3-2 -- next game today

toughgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have been a long time Devils fan.. Love Martin Brodeur (awesome goalie and a cutie too). Then came along the rookie Scotty Gomez and that just made me a solid Devils fan. My Husband is a true Rangers Fan and would love to battle it out.

But OMG... Scotty Gomez is a Ranger now and I couldn't stop myself from rooting for the Rangers. Then the playoffs... Rangers vs Devils, what's a girl to do? Well the Rangers played awesome games and they have some crazy players (Avery, Lundqvist) not to mention a rookie (Dubinsky) that reminds me of a young Gomez. So Lets just say: i'm now wearing my rangers tee during play off games.

Calgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Glad to see the Av's advancing !
Don's jacket on HNiC last night was outrageous !!
We're really hoping the Flames can win tonight to force a game 7.

Chic pea

Diva in Training
I :love: hockey, although I'm more of a college hockey fan than the NHL. I like the NHL, just don't follow it too closely.

I spent my entire Friday and Saturday and part of Sunday last weekend glued to my couch watching the NCAA regionals. My team (Miami University) unfortunately missed out on the Frozen Four (which I'm REALLY unhappy about since it's in Denver this year) by a spectacular, kinda lucky goal in OT (they dominated the entire game, including OT with the exception of 2 really crappy minutes in the 2nd period).

Any other college hockey fans?

p.s. Although I don't really follow it closely, my NHL teams are the Avs (gotta cheer for the hometown team!), the Red Wings (grew up near Detroit), and the Devils (lived in NJ for awhile). Kinda funny that there are some decent rivalries amongst my favorites! We actually moved here from NJ a couple of weeks before the Devils and Avs were playing for the cup in '01.

Oh yeah, and I had a *major* crush on one of the TB Lightning when we were in college (um, yeah, I baked him cookies...didn't work, though :redface:). So, I kinda cheer for them because of him. And wonder what might have been if only he had had any interest in me whatsoever! :laughter:

College Hockey - of course! I am duty-bound to support the UNH Wildcats. The Assistant Coach is a girl I used to babysit - most of our time was spent playing road hockey.
I played minor hockey with the guys until it became too political for the male parents to cope with. I tried to perservere but it was like banging my head against a brick wall. Eventually I said to myself, "this hurts." So I threw in towel.:( Yes, I'm a quitter! This young gal was about 9 or 10 years younger than me and she went all the way. She's involved with Hockey Canada and selection for the U-22 teams, in addition to coaching full-time at UNH. Anyway, she is a great inspiration to me and she is one of the first people I think of when someone's mentions girls playing hockey. Well done UNH for making the semis!

About the only positive thing I can say about the end of my hockey career - it allowed for my predilection of downhill skiing. I think its a fair trade.
:ski2:

Jilly

Staff member
I only know that a guy I grew up with, went to Boston on a hockey scholarship, graduated, went to another U as a coach of hockey. Just got into "whatevers" hall of fame. Just know its New England. His brother, a little younger, did make the NHL!! So MSL does the last name "Meagher" ring any bells??

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yay AV's. Can we finally start saying "Patrick Who?"

One of the best newspaper headlines I've ever seen was in a US paper when the Avs (I think he'd already gone there) had been beaten up on the scoreboard. The headline read: "Roy Happened?" Phonetically, "Wha' Happened?" Hee hee.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly