• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Any Hockey fans out there?

toughgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, I've been to a few Grizz games and all I can say is...meh. I think it's the fact that there's so few people that go, the stands are more than half empty and you just don't get the excitement flowing. I think I might like it more now that I'm understanding the game a little it better. Speaking of - we watched the end of the Caps/Penguins game last night. AWESOME. I think I've jumped on the Caps bandwagon for the playoffs...Ovechkin is just amazing.

So all of this hockey excitement has got my husband back in to playing again! He's been picking up used equipment and is probably going to start playing drop-in games this summer. I think he's convinced me to learn how to play too, and I'm getting more and more excited about it. It would be awesome to have an indoor sport to play in the summer when it's like 100 degrees outside. Now I just need to learn how to skate.....

I was laughging reading your comments b/c my hubby too started playing again. He's now on TWO leagues. Plus he found that a bunch a girls are starting up a girl league and he's had me at public skate teaching me crossovers and other techniques. :ROTF:

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, I've been to a few Grizz games and all I can say is...meh. I think it's the fact that there's so few people that go, the stands are more than half empty and you just don't get the excitement flowing. I think I might like it more now that I'm understanding the game a little it better. Speaking of - we watched the end of the Caps/Penguins game last night. AWESOME. I think I've jumped on the Caps bandwagon for the playoffs...Ovechkin is just amazing.

Hmmm, that's too bad. The minor league games around here are a blast (well, the few I've been to). College, even better.

And yes, I am on that bandwagon, too. Ovie is a joy to watch.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm a long-suffering Caps fan. It even says so on my resume (and came up in two job interviews a while ago, one with a guy who played at Providence with the former Caps coach!). :becky:

Roe

Certified Ski Diva
Ovechkin is just amazing...
Hi, I have been to a number of Caps games including the playoffs this year and lots over the years. Alex Ovechin is AMAZING!!!!!! And there are lots of other really talented players on the team, they are a fun team to watch. Good luck with your skating and have Fun Rocking the Red!!! and skating.......... Roe

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK ladies, who has been watching the finals? What a great series. Can't wait for Saturday to see what happens when they get back to Detroit, since it seems like the Penguins finally have their mojo working again. I'm surrounded by Pitt fans in my household right now, so GO PENGUINS!

KarenD

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sad faces here in Motown, but I guess it was the Peguins' turn since we had the Cup last year. See, we're nice--we share. :smile:

Jilly

Staff member
So, is anyone watching the "Battle of the Blades"?

CBC has produced a reality show starring world reknown figure skater ladies with hockey stars!! They do a pairs type performance and are judged by a celebrity judge, and 2 well known Canadian figure skating icons.

So as of tonight its down to 4 couples. 1 goes home Monday night, but the charity they are skating for gets good money.

So for those who are watching who's going home?

And you gotta hate the Leaf's right now! They can't buy a win!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly