• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Your very own ski lift!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It's easy! It's simple! It's fun for the family in your own back yard!

How about it?

[youtube]DV_6plAcRJ0[/youtube]

Jilly

Staff member
OMG - a different kind of rope tow. That thing could take your shoulders out! But as he says - your own lift, no tickets, just gas!

KarenD

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll pass, thanks. My backyard isn't big or hilly enough to ski on anyway. :smile:

ski.like.a.girl

Certified Ski Diva
I would if I could. Although that thing looks scary. We put in a box behind our cabin in Government Camp, Oregon. Want to add more features this year. Our own little mini park. I would wear my heart rate monitor as I hiked the box. Burned over 700 calories an hour! Maybe I don't want my own lift. That's my winter cardio.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Oh great.....not letting DH see this one....we actually could do it (and DH does have the expertise but not the time), have a ski-able hill behind our house on our property, major-mega tight glades though. Absolutely doable after a big dump, and DS did clear some trees back there some years back. We've hiked it but not skied it.

One of the ski magazines did a feature story on this a year or two ago, about private ski hills, some with reconstituted t-bars, even.

skidaup

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Had a rope tow in the back yard of my Dad's house when I was a kit, it was pretty cool. Used to have a bunch of ski equipment for anyone to use, he would fire up the tow and tuck our scarves/hair and away we went. Packing the hill was tough but have some great memories.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga