• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Your season- over? Going strong? Coming to an end?

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lilgeorg said:
We just got a gift of 12" of fresh snow at Okemo in Vermont....My hubby and I were able to make first tracks on several trails. We skied until our legs gave out. But, it is still snowing and we plan to go back tomorrow! In fact this unexpected snow may extend our season into late next week. Wahoo!!
[Note bad British accent]
Now, that's not bloody fair, is it luv? 'ere I am in bloody Washington, DC where everyone is on about the bloody cherry blossums! Who do you think you are? The Queen of England???

Well, enjoy your first tracks, your majesty, while I go back to work. :mad:

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We skied in snow all day at Copper. Sometimes, it was a whiteout!
Typical spring day in the Rockies! :D

Kathi

slipnslide

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We skied Breckenridge last Tuesday and Wednesday, went to Vail Thursday to enjoy the new snow that fell all afternoon. On Friday, we ended up a Keystone and skied the trees all day. It's Monday and I'm still on a ski high....I just hope I can keep it until next year!

Jilly

Staff member
Well I thought it was ending, but with the dump at the end of last week, through the weekend and cold temps all week, next weekend will be the end. Tremblant will not stay open because of union issues. Sutton in the eastern townships, are stating that they will stay open as long as the conditions hold and people come to ski. (You can see Jay from the top the Sutton, yet conditions can be really different!)

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well mine is over now. I couldn't get anyone to go ski with me tomorrow :( I was even going to be a BAD girl and skip work "sick", but alas... no more skiing for me this year. Hopefully we get an early and long winter next year.

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We had another wonderful day at Okemo today. Although they had both the Southside and Jackson Gore closed, there was lots of fresh powder ( yes that is right) to ski. Some of the best conditions we have seen all year. We fear there will be rain in the next 2 days. Let's hope not.

tcarey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okemo was truly wonderful today!! I think and hope more snow is on the way!!

Terry

SnowGlider

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okemo or Sunapee??

I want to ski this Wednesday. Which would be better, Sunapee or Okemo?

Sunapee website says they have 38 trails with 28-34" of snow.

Okemo says 62 trails with 15-28" of snow.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
definately over

There is no question about ski season being over here. We went for a bike ride Sunday and scouted some back country routes and what appears to be snow capped is all tiny snowfields. So now the bigger question, how many days until Fire Season. The worst season of all.
Unless we have a couple of month of straight rain, we could have an extremely early fire season. Let it pour!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A foot of powder today!

Last night it snowed all night in Summit County. Copper reported 3" of snow but when we got there the parking lot had at least 6". On the mtn there was at least a foot.

Conditions were cold and pretty windy so we stayed low, skied the Timberline chair. There were so few people that we had powder all day.

A winter storm watch is out for Summit Cty tomorrow night so I'm hoping to have more freshies for Thursday and Friday.

Kathi

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Might get a foot in VT tomorrow. I'm skiing Friday! And Monday! And maybe even Saturday!

Yippeeeee!!!!!

SnowGlider

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Goodbye, Skis

The snow was excellent at Sunapee, NH, today. Good grooming, good coverage, fantastic weather.

I'm hanging up the skis. All done. Time to wash the bike. And the car. I couldn't find the car in the parking lot at Sunapee because it's no longer green, but salty gray.

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skiing was fabulous at Jay on Easter Sunday. :D

We've got at least 2 snowstorms on the way in northern VT, so the ski season continues. Jay is saying next weekend is the last, but that could change. We're definitely skiing this Saturday. We'll be at Tuckerman Ravine next Saturday to cover the Inferno Pentathlon. We are also hoping to ski Tucks before the season is over, if we can work it into our schedule.

Thatsagirl

cloudpeak

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's still snowing here.

Stevens Pass, our local hill, closes April 15 even though it still looks and feels like winter. The past few days have been great fun!

A little winter fun in April for me...
IMG_1562.jpg

One of my kids enjoying April showers...
IMG_1553.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga