• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Your pics skiing as kid/teenager

perma-grin

Instructor PSIA L 3, APD Alpine Ski training MHSP
Training, as usual, I'm assuming this was my Junior year judging from the sweater. It was a Christmas present from a "special" boyfriend , I loved that sweater!! LOL! Wore it before every race! I just realized how cool I was with my pass on my boot! LOL! God it was different running bamboo! Your body , your line, and no protectve gear , but I remeber my first desente carmel pad pants and padded sweater maybe I have a picture of that outfit somewhere.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 46

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Another one .... downhill race february 1974.

PICT0013a.jpg

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Finally dug through the photo albums at home...

Not many of me actually skiing, except this, c. 1983, rocking the Mother Karen's powder shirt and Roffe stretch pants:

susanbradmark_0003.jpg

Apparently I had the camera most of the time, as evidenced by my photoslutting brother; this is one of many like this:

susanbradmark_0002.jpg

I am digging this sweater, and I still have the corduroy Copper hat worn by guy in middle -- it is hanging in our Copper condo, pins and all (c. 1982):
susanbradmark_0006.jpg

Mary Jane 1988, still got the fluffy hair thing going:

susanbradmark_0005.jpg

I really wanted to find more of the big white puffy Obermeyer coat, but this was all I could dig up. I don't think I wore it skiing very often (photo taken in Vail during 1989 World Alpine Championships):
susanbradmark.jpg

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
those are great! I love the look the kid is giving you in 2nd to last pic!!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm bumping this up as I've just spent the day uploading some old pics. Those of you on FB can see them there but thought I'd add them here too.

Attachments

• Christmas 1980.jpg
    Christmas 1980.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Tuck.jpg
    Tuck.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Robyn and Annie.jpg
    Robyn and Annie.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 25

RuthB

Angel Diva
Me sometime in my first few days skiing - the wooden skis I only skied that year and mum made my brother and I matching red over-trousers to go over our jeans. They were really thin and not waterproof. And I am using a rental towbelt (nutcracker) and we had our own by the next season.

6414344881_45f110bce9_m.jpg

I coveted my friends cute orange ski outfit and her K2 stingers - luckily mum and dad became gear obsessed so by the next year I had my volkl junior tigers and new boots. Just like these ones I spotted in a ski shop window last year

6414473193_be115e7461_m.jpg

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Boy Robyn, you've been at this a LONG time! How cute these photos are...and I really envy all that experience.

Heddious

Certified Ski Diva
1998.jpg

Me, nine years old in Åre, Sweden. I look sorta unhappy in the pic, but already then, skiing was my favourite thing in the world.

The year was 1998 and my favourite colour was.. red. Surprise!!

perma-grin

Instructor PSIA L 3, APD Alpine Ski training MHSP
So if you want to see a picture of my kid, go to page 18 of the December 2011 Ski magazine, you'll see my son in the SKIS.com ad throwing a trick FROM HIS PHOTO SHOOT LAST FEBUARY! Very proud of him!!!!!:yahoo:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga