• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Your pics skiing as kid/teenager

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maybe we can share some pics taken when we where very young and skiing.

This one was taken in January 1969 by my dad. Thats one of our slope we skied if there was enough snow. Its behind the appartment house we lived. As you can see the slope is nearly flat. I do like the pose .... its perfect for downhill racing .... :becky::becky:

PICT0010.jpg

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Great thread! Love your pic, missyd!

This is the only ski picture I have from me as a kid, and if I wasn't holding ski poles you probably wouldn't even know it had anything to do with skiing. But this is from the first ski trip I ever took waaaay back in 1968. I was 13, and what you can't tell from the pic is that 1) I'm wearing jeans, and 2) my jacket is hot, psychedelic pink.

By the way, check out the guy in the background. The skis are way over his head.

4217214154_f302cc50d2_o.jpg

Jenny

Angel Diva
Adorable - both of you!

(I can't participate in the thread since I didn't start skiing until my 30's. But I'm looking forward to the other pictures . . .)

altagirl

Staff member
I asked my parents if they could find any last year - I was hoping for a pic of the infamous purple puffy sleeve jacket... but no luck.

Jilly

Staff member
One of my summer projects is to go through all the slides and organize. I'm liable to find something in there. After they are organized it's off to DVD land!

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
One of my summer projects is to go through all the slides and organize. I'm liable to find something in there. After they are organized it's off to DVD land!

Its my winter project .... I already scanned some 500 slides my dad shoot from the 50ties till he died .... and some 2-3000 are still waiting .... :loco:

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
skiing as a kid

here you go this was me racing in Yikes Jeans! Tupper Lake 1975
don't know if my attachment worked
YEAH it's Snowing at My house this am.

Attachments

• w 1975 ski photo tupper lake race.jpg
    w 1975 ski photo tupper lake race.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 96

Snowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love this thread! I wish I had some photos of my Sr class ski trip in 1980...we were quite stylish. We came from Oklahoma on a sleeper bus to Purgatory and for most of us it was our first time skiing. I've seen some photos of the trip but don't own any myself. Probably just as well, since I wince when I think of it!

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I learned to XC before I learned Alpine.
Here's me on a backcountry ski trip out of Yosemite, overlooking Tenaya lake, Feb 1980:

n1223765572_30148248_3168577.jpg

On the snow creek trail out of Yosemite Valley
n1223765572_30148339_7874056.jpg

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
early skiing photos

Nice! Don't you love the early wood skis too!! Raise your arm and take the longest ones! lol- Beautiful photos, I love/miss Yosemite, it is awesome,
Here's more laughs.. have another hoot...check the styling 1974 race photo, for xc we used the Boys Football uniform pants! and those cheesy leather boots with no insulation brrrrrr.... Can't believe I did this for 'fun'! I wish I had the photo of when I wore my dads wool socks over my xc boots to try and keep from frostbite (didn't work) thank goodness for modern technology toe warmers etc!!

Attachments

• 1974 xc race.jpg
    1974 xc race.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 66

mollmeister

Angel Diva
Unfortunately, I was a teen skier in the era of neon clothes + white, fuzzy accessories.

:( :eyebrows: :laugh:

Me, circa 1988, when I was 16yo:
IMG_8018.jpg

My older son, wearing a headband I used to wear back in those same days. He thinks it's hilarious. . . and so do I!
IMG_9003.jpg

I need to find and scan some pictures of me when I was about 11yo, skiing in CB jackets and scotchguarded jeans at a tiny hill in southern MI. Off to look!

evaino

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow - I can't believe I actually found these...and am willing to share them...

The first was my first year skiing and I remember hating my ski suit - for obvious reasons...

attachment.php

And was so excited to trade them in for everyone's favourite from the 80s - stretch pants!
attachment.php

Elsbeth

Attachments

• Ski04.jpg
    Ski04.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Ski15.jpg
    Ski15.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 162

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My older son, wearing a headband I used to wear back in those same days. He thinks it's hilarious. . . and so do I!
IMG_9003.jpg

Okay, that brings back a memory, but a fuzzy one. I had something in that pattern. Not that headband, but maybe a sweater? Or a hat? Oh, the cobwebs, the fog ...

I'm going to have to go raid my parents' house. I'm not sure I have any pics of the really good stuff, but I'll look. My favorite was the first "grownup" outfit I had (ie, non-bib): a yellow down Gerry parka -- belted, natch -- and navy stretch pants with the rainbow stripes down the leg, and of course the rainbow suspenders. This was before "Mork and Mindy," by the way. I did find the matching hat recently:
IMG_5334.jpg

I was hoping I could wear it again, with retro and pompoms back in, but it's just not cut quite right. Just looks dorky. And no fleece-lined inside, either! itchy! (the moth hole steeze is there, though)

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Some more pictures from the 70ties!!!

PICT0024.jpg

^^ my sister .... Grindelwald

PICT0025.jpg

^^ me in ski school ... Grindelwald

PICT0034.jpg

^^ me (back to camera), sister, my cousin in red jacket and uncle with fur hat .... Grindelwald Kleine Scheidegg.
Look at the skis and boots!!!!!! I can't understand how we could ski with this equipment!!!!!

PICT0007.jpg

^^ Mom, siter and I .... we had a rented appartment in this house.
Look at the ski boots .... laced-up, leather ski boots ... my oh my ... Grindelwald

koski

Certified Ski Diva
Wow - great pics ladies, what fun! It will take awhile to dig out my old pics - I think the best I have is from the 80's although I did first ski in the 70's in the Midwest on Friday nights (borrowed leather boots and jeans too!) brings back great memories!

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
These are SO cool! :D There are no pictures of my early days that I know of. :( I LOVE seeing all those old pictures though! :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga