• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Your favorite thing about winter...BESIDES skiing?

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Cold weather running
Down anything (comforter, jackets, vests, booties)
Snowshoeing
Sweaters
Scarves
Hats
Silence of a snowstorm
The sound of snowplows
Heated seats
Holiday time off work

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
Reading a few of these responses had me singing "My favorite things" from the Sound of Music in my head!

A close runner up to NO SHORTS would be jackets. I have quite a selection of outerwear and it bums me out in the summer that I don't need to wear ANY of it. No down jackets, no puffy, not even puffy vest of flannel!

Christy

Angel Diva
It's funny to me to read about people looking forward to wearing their jeans, jackets and boots in winter. Here in the PNW you can wear those all year, lol. Okay, boots look stupid in summer but it doesn't matter how warm it is during the day, even during a heat wave when it's 90 degrees, at night it gets cool (especially by the water) so we always wear jeans and jackets. I take my Patagonia down sweater to every Mariners game and I don't think I ever make it past the 7th inning without putting it on. There's never a month where I don't wear long underwear, too--backpacking in the mountains always requires warm clothes.

It's funny to me to read about people looking forward to wearing their jeans, jackets and boots in winter. Here in the PNW you can wear those all year, lol. Okay, boots look stupid in summer but it doesn't matter how warm it is during the day, even during a heat wave when it's 90 degrees, at night it gets cool (especially by the water) so we always wear jeans and jackets. I take my Patagonia down sweater to every Mariners game and I don't think I ever make it past the 7th inning without putting it on. There's never a month where I don't wear long underwear, too--backpacking in the mountains always requires warm clothes.

I think you have awesome weather there. Here I go from June until at least October without having to wear a jacket or hoodie, even at night its warm. Although I wish it were colder now but its nice because its chilly in the am 40s, heats up during the day to 70 and when I leave here it will be dark and start to feel chilly again at 60.

alicie

Angel Diva
I think you have awesome weather there. Here I go from June until at least October without having to wear a jacket or hoodie, even at night its warm. Although I wish it were colder now but its nice because its chilly in the am 40s, heats up during the day to 70 and when I leave here it will be dark and start to feel chilly again at 60.
I'd love it if I didn't have to wear a hoodie all summer. You could wear a ski jacket most of the year here and very few would bat an eyelid.

I'd love it if I didn't have to wear a hoodie all summer. You could wear a ski jacket most of the year here and very few would bat an eyelid.

Yeah DH who's been to Scotland several times has mentioned the weather. I am not sure if I'd want to wear a ski jacket most of the year but I loooove hoodies so I wish I got to wear them more than just spring/fall. I guess I wear them in the winter too because that's my top clothing when lounging inside.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nobody even bats an eye at people wearing boots year-round here - Uggs, especially, with shorts and tank tops, or even bikinis. Of course, the kids also wear flip-flops year round here, too. Shrug. I must be getting old.

Ashtoreth

Certified Ski Diva
My overly happy Husky! We go for hikes in the snow. It's a bit of a "me time" since I don't bring anyone else. Very relaxing ^_^

And the sound of snow crushing under my feet. Love that, as silly as it sounds

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Fleece, Snuggies, turtle necks and sweaters, stormy weather, crisp cold air, watching "sea smoke" on the ocean. I like the dark evenings to snuggle in for the night. Oh and hockey season.
I think I have reverse SAD - April and May bug me.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love seeing everything go from gray/brown to brilliant white, the quiet stillness of falling snow, full moon walks w/the crystals sparkling, working out and not sweating (as much), the smell of the cold air tickling my nose, finally my SAD goes away, (is reverse like Divegirl), seeing my dog have a blast romping in the woods so glad she loves winter too. I am so ready.. bring it on!

I have reversed SAD also. The first step is admittance right lol.

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
I have reversed SAD also. The first step is admittance right lol.

This isn't a message board for folks suffering from reverse-SAD??? I always thought it was. :thumbsup:

I'd say its Gearaholics Anonymous, except we're all a bunch of enablers... :becky:

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fashion boots. LOVE and wear all 6 pairs of black boots.
Lightness of falling snow.
Pretending I'm going warp speed when driving in the dark. LOL.
My Nordic sweaters.
Baked brie and my beloved cabernet.
Getting into jammies the second I come home.
The excuse to snuggle closer.
Smell and crackle of a wood fire.
Fireworks during the winter festival.
Wearing my winter fragrance/Pleasures Delight.
Planning all our ski trips.
Fondue.
Sparkle of really cold days on the snow.
Loving snow dumps when everyone else is hating.
First tracks skiing and running.

Funny thing is that prior to 2010 when I first learned to downhill, I hated winter.

Last edited:

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This isn't a message board for folks suffering from reverse-SAD??? I always thought it was. :thumbsup:

I'd say its Gearaholics Anonymous, except we're all a bunch of enablers... :becky:

Indeed it is. And yes, yes this board is very good for my health... and very bad for my bank account. *Grin*

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga