• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Winter '08-'09 Get Stoked Photo Thread

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:drool:

I'm off to resize pictures!!

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Alright here they are! I threw in some from my ski clothing photo boredom the other day, because they are cool pictures, and... ski related. :becky:

n1578480112_30046925_9874.jpg

This is just a cool shot.
n1578480112_30045988_4652.jpg

n1578480112_30044218_7991.jpg

n1578480112_30044225_1319.jpg

One of my more epic crashes last year...
n1578480112_30045574_3262.jpg

And here are the only slightly self-absorbed ski wear pictures. I was bored, and decided to work on my slightly newschool ski magazine/catalog picture skills. :p :noidea:

n1578480112_30065506_9259.jpg

n1578480112_30065510_665.jpg

n1578480112_30065502_7769.jpg

This one is not photoshopped, except for color balance.
n1578480112_30065519_3810.jpg

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
AG - Niiiiiiice.

I like that pic of Rob - busting through a layer of windbuff with the Praxis. And it looks like you were getting some serious blower. Hot damn, I'm excited to ski my Spats!

OJ - is that you getting some air? Sweet.

altagirl

Staff member
AG - Niiiiiiice.

I like that pic of Rob - busting through a layer of windbuff with the Praxis. And it looks like you were getting some serious blower. Hot damn, I'm excited to ski my Spats!

OJ - is that you getting some air? Sweet.

Yeah, that was a sweet storm day and Andy was standing there taking pics of us on West Rus (Annies). There was this big old wind drift right there and I went straight into it with some speed and it just exploded. It's too bad the light wasn't better, but it was so fun! (Storm days are so sweet...)

AshleyLynn

Diva in Training
tradygirl, is your picture of Mt Superior? If it is, I hiked it in June and there were still people skiing. I'm thinking it looks even better completely covered in snow!

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is one of Pamporovo in Bulgaria, this was the first ever skiing holiday I went on and it snowed every night and was blue skys all day!
DSCF0067.jpg

This is Jasna in Slovakia

IMG_0915.jpg

Hintertux in Austria
IMG_1347.jpg

Kranjska Gora in Slovenia
IMG_0835.jpg

I have some gorgeous ones of Zermatt but can't find them just now :(

And here is some Scottish Stoke!

Cairngorm

IMG_0147.jpg

Nevis Range
IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

Glenshee
IMG_0172.jpg

Glencoe
IMG_0064.jpg

That is the Cliffhanger chair at Glencoe :cool:

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Beautiful pics Lynseyf! I also skied Pamporovo for my first ski experience. I don't think we had such great conditions, but I do remember the alcohol was dirt cheap, they served us a bottle of red wine, a bottle of white and a bottle of vodka - to EACH person every night.

I've also skied Scotland (which is a beautiful country) and I have had some great experiences on snow there. Some not so great too - when the wind is howling horizontally and the ice crystals are slamming into your cheek!!

Thanks for the fond memories and pretty pics.

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
tradygirl, is your picture of Mt Superior? If it is, I hiked it in June and there were still people skiing. I'm thinking it looks even better completely covered in snow!

Yup - Mt Sup makes an appearance in quite a few of my photos! The north face heading into Cardiff holds snow a good part of the summer. I've never been one of those psychos who feel the need to hike over rocks with skis and boots on my back in the summer. May - maybe. But by June, I'm done!

Lynsey - great international stoke!! Thanks for sharing.

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've also skied Scotland (which is a beautiful country) and I have had some great experiences on snow there. Some not so great too - when the wind is howling horizontally and the ice crystals are slamming into your cheek!!

Thanks for the fond memories and pretty pics.

Yeah I also have some nice Scottish pics where you can't tell who the body in the pic is cause it looks like they are encased in a ball of cotton wool. One day last December we were at Cairngorm and visibility was so bad you couldn't see the poma infront of you, it could only have been 20ft away!

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
I need to get to Colorado.

Soon.

The number of sweet lines in that photo is retarded. Is that Pyramid and Maroon Bells?

Ha!! Yeah you DO!! Funny thing is, you ski down the OTHER side (where my back is facing). Or...if you look far FAR left in that photo, you see the Tonar bowl. If you look close enough you can actually see tracks...those are the tracks of Wallace Westfeldt who perished on that run (very sad). We went out the weekend after.

Apparently Wallace had hucked the cornice and landed on a rock. It was toward the end of the season, so the cover was wearing thin.

However, if you walk just off the summit of Highlands Bowl you can access Tonar bowl to the skier's right and 5 fingers bowl off to skier's left. Both require advance planning to leave a car...or hitchhiking...it's a friendly town!!

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry, not me. Will be soon enough, but I don't have the guts to go that high yet.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I took tons of pics last year, but it seems that the best ski days were spent skiing and not taking my camera out much.

Fortunately some moments were captured:
Bumpfreaq in Windows at Breck
n830505017_2597578_8089.jpg

Tom in Windows at Breck(if you knew that this was his second full season skiing, and his first time out of Michigan, you'd be very impressed)
n830505017_2597579_8365.jpg

Me and Tom, with our tree skiing steeze,
n830505017_3362641_3256.jpg

* Thank you Robyn, for posting the famous Virgin Clutch pic :ROTF:

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hard at work at Brighton, April 08:
035-1.jpg

Last run of the season through Powderhorn Gates, Honeycomb----wonderful powder, just no running lifts and no people!!!!

powderhorngates-1.jpg

powderhorntrees-1.jpg

honeycomblift4-11.jpg

Brighton, one weekday morning after a dump and on my way to work:
exhibitionmar31.jpg

abc

Banned
I've also skied Scotland (which is a beautiful country) and I have had some great experiences on snow there. Some not so great too - when the wind is howling horizontally and the ice crystals are slamming into your cheek!!.
Sounds just like Killington or Mt Snow (or any other northeast mountains)! :smile:

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds just like Killington or Mt Snow (or any other northeast mountains)! :smile:

Granted those places are amongst the coldest I have ever skied. If I had started my ski career there I don't doubt it would have been a short one. Extra kudos to all those people who got the ski bug on the East Coast.

There's something different about Scotland, it's totally open and exposed on top of the mountains, like you're out on the moors. So it feels like it's going to draw blood when you're hit in the face by an ice shard that's travelled over 3 valleys to get there! But when the skiing is good, oh boy is it good... or am I talking about the wee dram in the hipflask?

C

CMCM

I can't wait!

Me and Mr. CMCM on Squaw Valley's upper mountain. Lake Tahoe in the background. My favorite place!!

DCTopSq.jpg

LakeTahoe.jpg

Jilly

Staff member
Windy and very cold with snow, rain mixed in early. Winds from the WNW at 37 .Realfeel®: -9 °CLow: -1 °C

That forecast is getting me stoked - Sunday October 12th, Thanksgiving weekend, Central Ontario!! Holiday Monday the same!! It's coming.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga