• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Windburn on face

alliander

Diva in Training
Help! I have a quite fair skin tone and each and every time I go skiing, my face, especially my cheeks get all red, dry and irritated. It usually takes 2 days to go away. I would like to prevent it. Does anyone have the same problem and what do you do about it? Any special cream I could try?

playoutside

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Try Weleda Face Balm. It's greasy going on, but absorbs through the day and doesn't cause breakouts. It doesn't have sun screen unfortunately, but it works great for me. I got it at Whole Foods, $12 I think. I keep a tube in my ski jacket.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Ditto here for fairness. I really like Neutrogena Health Defense daily moisturizer, SPF 30. Has good UVA protection with 2% zinc oxide. Heavy enough to protect against windburn as well. Comes untinted and tinted. I prefer un.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like Dermatone which I buy in a little tin that fits perfectly in my forearm pocket.

alliander

Diva in Training
Great. Thanks for the recommendations. I will check them out. Hopefully no more red, burning cheeks after skiing!!!

Liz1281

Certified Ski Diva
In a pinch, petroleum jelly will protect your skin, although it doesn't really absorb that well. It's what I use for jogging in the cold.

IdahoSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also have fair skin...I will have to check out some of these products. I use sunscreen and really moisturize when I get home. I usually go to work on Monday with windburn :smile: it definetly gives away what I did that weekend!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Sounds like we need to start hunting down those Powderfish neck gaiters!! Sometimes a gaiter is the only real solution...

IdahoSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also have fair skin...I will have to check out some of these products. I use sunscreen and really moisturize when I get home. I usually go to work on Monday with windburn :smile: it definetly gives away what I did that weekend!

Oops sorry for my typo (definetly) :(

NorwegianWood

Diva in Training
Just stumbled across this thread when doing a forum search on 'windburn'. Was excited about Kiehl's All-Sport Non-Freeze, but sadly this product is not available in Australia (how crazy is that?!) I also went direct to Kiehl's website, but again, no shipping to Australia. Does anyone happen to know any large US or Canadian (or even European?) online retailers that might ship this product to Australia? Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna