• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Why this is for women only.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, I need to enter Forum Montana Ski Area Trees into Google? Hmmm, found a huge long thread on TGR....first three pages sounds like a lot of locals touting their own places, interspersed with "former locals"....have to go to work before I can finish all of this.

TGR drives me nuts, I'd never belong there due to insane amounts of trash talk and put downs and cursing.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That could have been it

That sounds somewhat familiar, whatever it was, it isn't worth going back and finishing, nor worth bringing that vibe into this forum. Ughh.
It was an eye opener for me as to what makes this place special though. Wowzah.

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, I need to enter Forum Montana Ski Area Trees into Google? Hmmm, found a huge long thread on TGR....first three pages sounds like a lot of locals touting their own places, interspersed with "former locals"....have to go to work before I can finish all of this.

TGR drives me nuts, I'd never belong there due to insane amounts of trash talk and put downs and cursing.

I saw that thread on TGR too.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SkiDiva's first post made me remember something -- I had read someplace that on online communities (usually more along the lines of virtual life things, like SecondLife, rather than message boards), most of the "women" avatars/characters are actually men. I told this to a few friends, all of whom had similar reactions: "I'm not surprised."

Wow.

Molly

Certified Ski Diva
As a confirmed lurker but rare poster, I can only affirm what others have said: This place is absolutely one of a kind, and I'm grateful to Ski Diva Wendy for making it possible. It goes to show how one person with vision and commitment—and oh, yes, something like a gazillion hours of time and effort—can make a huge difference for the rest of us.

That's truly what a community is all about!

I think that Epic has some participants who are top notch instructors and very knowledgeable in the ski industry about all sorts of things, but I am a lurker over there -- I rarely post -- and I will be very selective in choosing forum and in person friends. I think there are nice folks on Epic and I intend to find them, but there sure is a lot of machismo and mean-spiritedness to wade through first. I'm attending ESA Stowe in December and am looking forward to meeting some Bears (and Divas)!

I think that Epic has some participants who are top notch instructors and very knowledgeable in the ski industry about all sorts of things, but I am a lurker over there -- I rarely post -- and I will be very selective in choosing forum and in person friends. I think there are nice folks on Epic and I intend to find them, but there sure is a lot of machismo and mean-spiritedness to wade through first. I'm attending ESA Stowe in December and am looking forward to meeting some Bears (and Divas)!

Well stated!!:D

alaski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just wanted to stop in and say that I think it's great that the forum is women-only. It's such a welcome change. I used to participate on a women's travel forum, but there were so many guys there, it was just a big meat market. I found it so bizarre that so many men wanted to participate in a women's forum - face it, the only reason for them to want to do that is to meet women! So thanks for keeping this forum for ladies only. :smile:

Jcb2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Your sight for needing this and the integrity of creating for all reasons mentions is just why I joined and like it so! Thank you for creating it!!

Tami

Certified Ski Diva
I appreciate having a site to read a discussion about what kind of bra is the most comfortable for skiing. This is not an issue men care about. I remember the first time I wore UnderArmour and wondered aloud if I should wear bra/panties underneath and my guy sighed loudly and suggested I get myself dressed quickly so we could head to the mountain and by the way "who cares?" Apparently, I did if I was thinking about it...silly boys.

Thank you for the FAB site!

Anna

Angel Diva
I appreciate having a site to read a discussion about what kind of bra is the most comfortable for skiing. This is not an issue men care about. I remember the first time I wore UnderArmour and wondered aloud if I should wear bra/panties underneath and my guy sighed loudly and suggested I get myself dressed quickly so we could head to the mountain and by the way "who cares?" Apparently, I did if I was thinking about it...silly boys.

Thank you for the FAB site!

HERE HERE!!!!

I LOVE this site. And it was the FIRST forum I found.
I have so far found it to be so comprehensive I have not even looked for another forum! LOVE IT!

THANK YOU WENDY!

I wear a sports bra - the most compacting one around! COTTON G's.
Thermal pants. two thermal long sleeves and then IF it's really cold another Fleece thermal and then my jacket.

On what other forum can I safely discuss my "unmentionables" ???

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
Long-time listener, first-time caller

This is my first post and I'm here solely because this is a women's only board. I'm a long time climber, new skier. I wish we had a women's only board in climbing. Same blowhards show up on the climbing boards too. And the women's-only forums devolve into the same male dominated drivel- how can I get my girlfriend/wife/female-buddy-I-have-a-crush-on-but-am-too-chicken-to-talk-too into climbing? what gear should I get this woman so she will enjoy climbing more? is it really that wrong to not want to a climber chick because she doesn't look like a model AND climb 5.14d?

I left the site when it seemed that in a weird attempt to take back the woman-only forum from this ridiculousness, the ladies started posting lots of threads about climbing when you had your period. Like there was some great difficulty or special equipment involved.

Anyway, all that say that I'm really grateful to have found this board and totally dig the women-only thing. Even if it does sound like the she-women, man-haters club. Kidding!:laugh:

want2ski4ever

Angel Diva
+1 to all of the above.

I am here because it is an all-women ski site.

Thank you, Wendy, for allowing a safe, polite, informative environment exclusively for women skiers.

Lynette

SkadiSkiGrrl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After reading this thread I decided to get a picture of myself as soon as possible, lest I be mistaken for a man and banned from the site! No avatars here! This is me and my daughter in Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy.

mustski

Angel Diva
I am glad that this thread was bumped. I hadn't seen it before, but can add that I appreciate the niche it fills. Like others, I lurk on other forums and post occasionally on Epic but I am not really drawn to getting to know anyone over there. Here, I am always excited to meet a new diva and have liked everyone that I have met thus far.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna