• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Who has their season pass for 10/11?

Witchery

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, the price for the rooms goes up by about 35% from what I paid. I'll keep an eye out though, the accommodation might go on sale again as well in which case I can rebook everything together.

Jilly

Staff member
A season's pass would give you discounts on accomodation. Just throwing that out there!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I bought my Okemo pass at the end of April and have received my application for the North Carolina Gold Pass (all mountains in the state) that I'll be mailing in shortly.

PowderKat

Certified Ski Diva
I'm not surpised at all by the abundance of replies to this thread!! This is definitely a group that is preparing for the next season before the current one ends. . . . :thumbsup:

C

CMCM

I got 2 passes again back in April/May when prices were the cheapest...one for Boreal (with no blackouts), which always opens really early (last season my first ski day was Oct. 5!!) due to great snowmaking guns, and a Squaw Bronze pass to use for most of the season once things kick off there. So next year's ski season is paid and the passes are in my jacket pocket already! :bounce:

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got mine! A midweek pass for Okemo, good for Sunapee and Stratton, too. I don't ski weekends or holidays, anyway, so this makes the most sense for me.

Anyone else?
See you at Okemo! Yes got the midweek pass Okemo/Stratton/Sunapee & buy my Weekend Holiday pass At Royal Mt. Caroga Lake NY Open House 1st Weekend November Praying for Snow & Cold Air to Blow LOTS of Snow!!

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know this one!

Royal Mountain is a locals' mountain, like West Mountain near Glens Falls. Excellent snowmaking (I met the guy in charge) and a great family area.

Exit 26 on the NYS Thruway at Fonda/Fultonville and go north to Johnstown. 29 West toward Caroga Lake. (You can search on Google Maps and Royal Mountain comes up.)

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't had to pay for my pass for the last two years, and this year I do...at $1300. I also moved to a mesa an hour away from the ski area. I'm considering not buying a season pass...hmmmm. I know I'll regret if I don't, but I can't stand how much this mountain rips off locals.

altagirl

Staff member
I haven't had to pay for my pass for the last two years, and this year I do...at $1300. I also moved to a mesa an hour away from the ski area. I'm considering not buying a season pass...hmmmm. I know I'll regret if I don't, but I can't stand how much this mountain rips off locals.

Ugh. Yeah, our "cheap pre-season deal" at Alta or Snowbird is $999 - or $1599 for both. Which apparently could be worse, but yeesh.

And I had no idea that Solitude is now even worse than Alta at $1099 until I was discussing pass prices with a friend yesterday.

Anyway - no real pass for me this year. I bought the new Alta Gold Card which just automatically charges your credit card at $40/day when you use it. I'm planning on a lot of XC skiing and snowshoeing this winter.

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyway - no real pass for me this year. I bought the new Alta Gold Card which just automatically charges your credit card at $40/day when you use it. I'm planning on a lot of XC skiing and snowshoeing this winter.

Geez, I wish T-Ride would have a deal like that! Maybe I'll suggest it to "The Powers-That-Be".

And, like you, I'm thinking about a lot more XC this year. Living on a mesa does have its highlights!

altagirl

Staff member
Geez, I wish T-Ride would have a deal like that! Maybe I'll suggest it to "The Powers-That-Be".

And, like you, I'm thinking about a lot more XC this year. Living on a mesa does have its highlights!

Yeah, this is the first year for the Gold Card option. We've had a Silver Card option for years - which is transferrable to anyone with a UT driver's license and you can buy a ticket at the window with it for $45/day. (The Gold Card is non-transferrable.) But the hassle of going and waiting in line to buy a ticket with the Silver Card when everyone else I'm skiing with has a pass and just jumps in line was a big drawback. So this new option is cheaper, plus you can just go jump in line and the electronic scanners automatically do the billing, which makes it a lot more convenient. (I know it sounds like a whiny complaint but if it's a longer line everyone else starts skiing and I have to stand around trying to find them after they do a run and... it was just a big pain in the butt!) They finally made my decision easy for the first time in a few years!

frd1083

Certified Ski Diva
Wow, and I was cringing at $899 for pass at SR in Maine.... I guess it sounds a little better right now, but out west probably has a longer season :smile:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm still undecided. I should have my Copper pass for coaching (unless something goes wonky there, you just never know) and am deciding between an Epic Pass or a Colorado Pass and a 4 pack to Loveland. I blame Katy and Betsy for hooking me on Loveland and making that part of the equation.

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm still undecided. I should have my Copper pass for coaching (unless something goes wonky there, you just never know) and am deciding between an Epic Pass or a Colorado Pass and a 4 pack to Loveland. I blame Katy and Betsy for hooking me on Loveland and making that part of the equation.

Robyn,

I only wish I could choose. And it makes me NUTS to know how much cheaper passes are up in Summit/Eagle than they are down here. Oy.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Robyn,

I only wish I could choose. And it makes me NUTS to know how much cheaper passes are up in Summit/Eagle than they are down here. Oy.
Oh, trust me, I know how lucky I am. Sometimes I wonder how those of you who don't have the choices and competition do it. I almost wish I hadn't fallen for Loveland last May because it would make the decision easier but we had so much fun that day and avoiding the tunnel up to the traffic after a day of skiing would be nice.

sdskiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Upgraded from the Colorado Pass to the Epic Pass. Upgraded maily because have friends in Reno and plan on skiing Heavenly at Lake Tahoe with them this year. But the added bonus is that the Epic Pass has no black out dates and unlimited days at Vail and Beaver Creekl!!!!

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I almost wish I hadn't fallen for Loveland last May because it would make the decision easier but we had so much fun that day and avoiding the tunnel up to the traffic after a day of skiing would be nice.

Okay, I guess I shouldn't complain TOO hard about my commute...

300473783_13ea76adc5.jpg

This is what I am forced to look at every day. :becky:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga