• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Who are on either Atomic Redster X9 or Rossi Elite Mt skis?

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I have been on Volkl Kenja for about 10 years(I am on the third pair). I had a few others but most days I get on them.
Love the stiff skis. I love the slalom type skiing. I also do a lot of bumps.
I am trying to see which of these skis I would like to buy next.
Either Rossi Elite Mt (74cm waist) or Atomic Redster X9(75cm waist)

Anyone out there on either of these?

Jilly

Staff member
Then go Redster. The MT is soft. Sold mine and got back on the ST Ti. (68 mm)

Oh, just notice x9, did you try the s9?

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Then go Redster. The MT is soft. Sold mine and got back on the ST Ti. (68 mm)

Oh, just notice x9, did you try the s9?
No, I did not try the S9 because I do not want 68 waist.
I did get on The redster X9 today. They were nice and stiff.
The problem is I could not find the RossiElite Mt here in Aspen to get on. I did not realized they are soft...

Thanks

Jilly

Staff member
Well I found them too soft for me. I was on ST Ca. Moved to the MT and went back to the ST Ti last year. we ski ice here. I need something stiffer.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Well I found them too soft for me. I was on ST Ca. Moved to the MT and went back to the ST Ti last year. we ski ice here. I need something stiffer.
Uh ha...
We do not have much ice here, but I like skis that are stiff. It is too bad that I could not get on MT while they were available here....

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Redster X9 WB (the 75mm one). Love them! Great for firm icy days and fun in moguls too!

Jilly

Staff member
I have a friend that lives in Sun Peaks and he swears by his 78mm skis. He's also a former race coach. I had my SA 88's for a ride a couple of weeks ago. As long as the snow was still on the run, they were good, but, as soon as it got scraped off I was back to my ST Ti's.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I have a friend that lives in Sun Peaks and he swears by his 78mm skis. He's also a former race coach. I had my SA 88's for a ride a couple of weeks ago. As long as the snow was still on the run, they were good, but, as soon as it got scraped off I was back to my ST Ti's.
No idea where Sun Peaks is but thanks, Jilly!

gjogjo

Diva in Training
Since a lot of you seem to really like the Atomic Redster x9 WB, can I ask which lenght you have got compared to your height? They are on my shortlist for a new piste oriented ski to improve on carving and to have a bit more fun on the icy days! (I now own only softer and wider skis for all mountain and touring)
I am 5,10, the guy in the shop said both 168 and 175 would work but recommended the longer. Some reviews pointed out that the shorter would be a bit more easy going and ‘fun’, but still stiff enough for full speed when wanted. I will not be able to demo them, so greatful for any input!

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m 5’ 2” and have the 153. It’s pretty stiff so I would recommend sizing down rather than up, personally. It’s full camber so going to ski true to its size.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’ve been on the X9s for 3 years as my race skis. They are just fantastic! The rep warned m that they are really stiff and that I may want to size down, but I got the 175 and couldn’t be happier (my daily drivers range from 168 to 180).

I’ve also demoed the WB and thought they were a hoot. If I didn’t already have the RTM 84 and the Code V-Werks, and I wasn’t looking for race skis, I would’ve gone that route.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Since a lot of you seem to really like the Atomic Redster x9 WB, can I ask which lenght you have got compared to your height? They are on my shortlist for a new piste oriented ski to improve on carving and to have a bit more fun on the icy days! (I now own only softer and wider skis for all mountain and touring)
I am 5,10, the guy in the shop said both 168 and 175 would work but recommended the longer. Some reviews pointed out that the shorter would be a bit more easy going and ‘fun’, but still stiff enough for full speed when wanted. I will not be able to demo them, so greatful for any input!
Well, it depends on what you want them for.
If you are wanting them for carving skis, I would not go longer but shorter for sure. That is what I did. You are 177cm in height, so I would go for 168cm. I am 170cm, so I went for 160cm. One usually wants shorter for slalom skis. Does that guy know what you want these for???

gjogjo

Diva in Training
Thanks everyone for your reply! Seem like shorter is the way to go, then! I did talk a lot with the shop guy about what I was looking for, and he did say the shorter would be good as well, and I think the always go longer was more his preference. Can’t wait for the shop to get them in (they were waiting for a delivery).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga