• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Where to demo skis

Ella3322

Diva in Training
Hi! I'm new to SkiDiva and think it's such a great resource. I'm wanting to buy some new skis soon but wanted to demo first. Since it's been almost 10 years since I've bought new skis :bag: I need some help.

I deffinately want to demo some skis first. But I have no idea where to start! Do you go to ski shops and ask or more like rental places??? :noidea:

I live in western Washington near Seattle. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

Ella :ski2:

PowDiva85

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
im originally from seattle. there is a good demo place at crystal next to the snorting elk. Otherwise head to sturtevants... I cant remember if they demo or not but go to a ski shop NOT a rental place if you want to demo skis.

veggielasagna

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I demoed ALOT of skis last season. Check out the on-mountain options where ever you are skiing first. These are usually limited as far as "Performance" rentals go (aka demos.) Usually I would just google ski shops in the area and check out their websites or call to see if they had demos and what they stocked. Average price ran about $40 a day...it's early in the season so it's prime time for on hill demos which are the best : )

-veggielasagna

altagirl

Staff member
I prefer demoing at on-mountain shops, because then you can swap out skis every few runs and test them out back to back, which I find very helpful. Then if you want to demo something that they don't carry at any of the on-mountain shops, I'd go to shops in town that do demo them and do those as needed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga