• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: When/ why do you demo?

freckles

Certified Ski Diva
I like knowing what's new and what works for me. Try different lengths -- that can make the difference of liking and hating a ski.

Sometimes demoing skis is like going to a dog shelter -- you don't leave empty handed!

Lilia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As for me, I try to demo as many skis as I can just to get the feel of different skis. I do it mostly for fun. I would love to be an evaluator but still lacking skills and expertise so far.

At the same time, I would like to demo before I buy new skis for me, of course. I don't want to end up with a pair of skis that I don't enjoy, or a skis that would not help my progress. Unfortunately. not many opportunities to demo in Ontario. I keep subscribing, monitoring, and asking shops wherever I can. The rental options are rather scarce here as well. Therefore, a big demo day announce is pretty much a good reason for me to go to that ski hill, if it is within my reach.

Overall, I still fail to understand why people are reluctant to demo skis when they can do it for free. Many even don't know of an opportunity!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga