• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

When do you think you'll start skiing this year?

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Someone missed the winky???

It's one thing to love skiing. It's something else to be militant.

None of us are militant, we love the sport. As SNWL said, please don't rain on the enthusiasm of others, some of whom have waited for more than half the year, who are excited for the new season to begin.

ski&bfree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am SUPER excited for ski season to begin. Is it a bit obsessive to think about it at least once a day??? :loco:

Auski

Certified Ski Diva
Like Robyn, I hope to be skiing in October, :ski2:

My family and I are booked for a two week DisneyWorld vacation in November. They are so excited, but all I can think about is how much skiing I'm going to miss!

leenski

Certified Ski Diva
Oh, I'm ready......and believe me, I think about it many times through the day. The walls of my little office at work have at least 25 pictures and posters of places I've skied. When someone who doesn't know me walks in, their comment is "you ski"? Ya think??!! I still have my ski gear scattered around my house from last season.

I"m thinking my season will start somehere around the middle of November. Last year it was the 14th. I have a mid week pass at Mt. Snow. Since Peak Resorts bought it from ASC last season, lots of improvements. Mainly snowmaking. Over 100 new fan guns last year and I believe another 150 for this season. The Carinthia area will be turned into an all freestyle area this year. Not necessarily my scene, but I'm excited just the same. I'm sure that they will be anxious to show it off. I'm ready!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Like Robyn, I hope to be skiing in October, :ski2:

My family and I are booked for a two week DisneyWorld vacation in November. They are so excited, but all I can think about is how much skiing I'm going to miss!
I'm with ya, girlfriend!!!

I've been thinking about this a lot lately since I was skiing pow on Oct 29th last year. That's only a month away!!!!!!! :faint:

I'm shooting for another October pow day for sure.
Do you know how tempted I am to call you bad names!:faint:
Perhaps I can just be happy for you and live vicariously.
:snow:

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey ladies, don't get too upset. You never know....I may not be skiing until Thanksgiving.

It's all in the hands of Ullr while we wait patiently for his blessings...

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey ladies, don't get too upset. You never know....I may not be skiing until Thanksgiving.

It's all in the hands of Ullr while we wait patiently for his blessings...
I hope you are blessed beyond belief!

I'll wait til Thanksgiving to ski and I'll be truly grateful!

island girl

Certified Ski Diva
My mountain usually opens the first week of December, but last year it was the last week of November, so we have our fingers crossed for another early season. All I have to do is tighten my bindings and scrape the wax off and I am ready to go. Isn't it interesting, just as soon as fall is in the air, us ski divas are doing a snow dance for the snow gods:D! Keep it up Divas!

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last year my season started the first Saturday in December. This year, I'm aiming for late November (Thanksgiving weekend?). Haven't skied in November before. But it all depends on weather, childcare, and money.

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If I ski on an indoor slope does it count? I'm going back to the UK in October and they have built a large indoor ski dome just next to the office there. I'm undecided whether to go take a few runs just for the hell of it.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ah, Milton Keyes? Do I have that right?

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If I ski on an indoor slope does it count? I'm going back to the UK in October and they have built a large indoor ski dome just next to the office there. I'm undecided whether to go take a few runs just for the hell of it.

That counts! go for it and take pix.

I ususally start mid-November at Killington.

cwmscm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I need to take a quick plane trip before the end of the year to maintain my elite status on frequent flyer program so I am thinking of going to summit county for a day or two. The flights are pretty cheap right now. Yes, I am selflessly doing this for my family so that we can check more bags on ski trips outwest in the future.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds like a good reason to be selfish! Let me know when you'll be out, I'd love to ski with you again!

cwmscm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
oh Yeah! That would be great. I will probably be buying my tix soon so that the price doesn't go out of my reach.

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ah, Milton Keyes? Do I have that right?

New one in Manchester. Supposedly large, and indeed a few hundred yards from the office (right by the Trafford Centre). I think it will cost lots of $, and I'll have to rent kit, but it will be a fun/new experience.

abc

Banned
I'm the same way (once winter does actually start). So I've never done the "winter in Florida" thing (except when I actually lived in FL :().

But I'm also the same way with summer. I could never bring myself to ski in S. America, because all I can think of is "how much cycling I'm going to miss"! ;-)

That's why all my "family trips" are in mid-to-late November. If I'm going to spend 2 weeks with no biking and no skiing, it better be in a time of year when neither is too good. November it is. And it happens to be Thanksgiving...? Well, come to think of it, it was originally a holiday to do very little! :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga