• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What would you want to see in a women's MTB blog post?

jellyflake

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I (just started MTB last year. Improving fast but still at the beginning) am wondering a lot about how would women get into biking. Most seem to only follow their better half.
I would love to read more about self-motivation and goals and stuff like that.

Yes, some DIY-stuff is always great (I would need it a lot...! Also I am now ready to change tires and breaks myself *proud* and am wondering what I will learn coming season). And packing lists (what would you need for what type of tour).

I am not so much interested in gear stuff and reviews.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
I (just started MTB last year. Improving fast but still at the beginning) am wondering a lot about how would women get into biking. Most seem to only follow their better half.
I would love to read more about self-motivation and goals and stuff like that.

Yes - I agree, I'd like to hear about this more. I got into mountain biking because 10 year-old DD and I had our own girls' 'biking club' (BLOB - Beautiful Ladies On Bikes), and we'd do long weekly road rides, but I wanted her to gain more confidence in her physicality. She has been told for many years by everyone that she is 'artistic' and her brother is 'sporty.' And she definitely is artistic, but I could tell she was starting to believe that that meant she wasn't athletic. So, we started the bike club, and then I began taking her on some really easy trails, and she fell in love with mountain biking. She's a single track beast now. I can't keep up with her.

Sorry for the diversion - but yes, I'd love to hear more about self-motivations, goals etc too. I like stories about the women who bike.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga