• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: What ski mags do you read?

snowbunny1976

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I travel for work, so I subscribe to a few magazines for my reading pleasure while flying (sometimes a book is too "deep"). I'd like to add a ski mag to the list, but I don't know what's good. Any recommendations?

Jilly

Staff member
I subscribe to Ski Canada and pick up the free copies of Ski Presse where ever I can find them. You can subscribe to Ski Presse too. I had alot of problems subscribing to American magazines a few years ago, and dropped all of them, including Gourmet! I usually buy the few issues of the season of Ski and Skiing, but I find them alot alike.
Ski Canada does tend be Canadian orientated. But they do review resorts around the world. Because Ski Press is free at ski shops and resorts, there is ALOT of ads!! But content is good, once you get around them.

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I buy all the skiing magz I can find. I read them at work. But very few american ones are being sold in Norway. But most skiing magz are alike. If I had been snowboarding it would have been something else... They have loads of magazines

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I'm just not altogether happy with what's out there anymore, at least in the US. The gear reviews seem a bit.....well, truncated? For lack of a better word. So many brands and models seem to get left out. The resort ratings in October, as voted on by readers, seem to have a different focus - I'm interested in the terrain, not the base amenities. And the constant pictorials of mega-million dollar ski houses and their interiors is way less than interesting to me.....So I've let all subscriptions lapse and just read what's of interest to me on the Ski Net website (which is free). Less recycling accumulation! However, if I get to Barnes & Noble, I always look for the Canadian ski magazines :smile:

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
powder and freeskier are my favs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga