• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What is "too much ski"? Blizzard Pearl 88

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just chiming in to say I don't think these are too much ski for you- I'm a similar size (5' 0", 115 lbs) and I just bought the BP88's in the 153 length. Based on your description I think the slightly shorter length is a good match for your level, and with more experience/instruction you should be able to feel more control over your skiing.

I'm not much help with the technical aspects (ie body/feet position) but I totally agree that learning to do a good round C-turn is a great way to control your speed!

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just chiming in to say I don't think these are too much ski for you- I'm a similar size (5' 0", 115 lbs) and I just bought the BP88's in the 153 length. Based on your description I think the slightly shorter length is a good match for your level, and with more experience/instruction you should be able to feel more control over your skiing.

I'm not much help with the technical aspects (ie body/feet position) but I totally agree that learning to do a good round C-turn is a great way to control your speed!
I'd love to know how you feel they ride and what kind of skiing you like to do on them!

The ski store I'm going to also thought 153 might be ok, but it might also be too much length since I literally only started 3 months ago in late November of last year on 136cm Rossignols. Turned out to be moot point since they only had a few pairs of BP88, no 153s, just a pair of 147s hidden behind a bunch of 159 and whatever the next size up was of the BP!

One of the guys who worked there was really into them. He said his mom had gone down to a one ski quiver just recently and these were her dailies. He said they'd serve me really well as I leveled up and was a great choice though not usually his first suggestion for a beginner due to price etc. He knows how enthusiastic I am about this though, so thought this was a great choice.

xxs_skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My husband and 13 year old son are also taking lessons and even with new equipment, they reverted any like I have, so they are ahead of me now. We all really want to be able to ski together since we're taking our first ski holiday end of this month, so I think that's where my anxiety comes from. I don't want to hold them back.
I feel this! My daughter started taking lessons earlier than us so she's way ahead of the game, but my husband and son are doing much better than me. We have a skiing trip booked and I've got both kids with lessons booked so they can enjoy more of the terrain and then the next day we all ski together. So far on our local mountain they've been able to find interesting things to ski off of (jumps, dipping into the terrain park) while my husband and I work on getting the hang of it. I wouldn't worry too much about holding them back.

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd love to know how you feel they ride and what kind of skiing you like to do on them!

The ski store I'm going to also thought 153 might be ok, but it might also be too much length since I literally only started 3 months ago in late November of last year on 136cm Rossignols. Turned out to be moot point since they only had a few pairs of BP88, no 153s, just a pair of 147s hidden behind a bunch of 159 and whatever the next size up was of the BP!

One of the guys who worked there was really into them. He said his mom had gone down to a one ski quiver just recently and these were her dailies. He said they'd serve me really well as I leveled up and was a great choice though not usually his first suggestion for a beginner due to price etc. He knows how enthusiastic I am about this though, so thought this was a great choice.
I’m not great at describing skis, I bought these after doing my first ever demo. I really enjoyed them, they seemed easy to carve turns with, but more stable than my old skis (which were 144) at speed. I would say this review seems accurate:https://www.skiessentials.com/2023-ski-test/skis/2023-blizzard-black-pearl-88/

Our skill levels are different, I’ve been skiing since I was a kid, not a racer or anything, but I’ve progressed a bit with taking weekly lessons for the past few years and feel pretty confident on most black trails. I hope I’m not steering you wrong by recommending these. I think in the slightly smaller length they’d be good for you. I really loved my old Rossi 144cm skis, especially when I first got them. Before that I’d been on old-school long, straight skis that I had since college. Having the shorter length really gave me confidence in moguls etc.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m not great at describing skis, I bought these after doing my first ever demo. I really enjoyed them, they seemed easy to carve turns with, but more stable than my old skis (which were 144) at speed. I would say this review seems accurate:https://www.skiessentials.com/2023-ski-test/skis/2023-blizzard-black-pearl-88/

Our skill levels are different, I’ve been skiing since I was a kid, not a racer or anything, but I’ve progressed a bit with taking weekly lessons for the past few years and feel pretty confident on most black trails. I hope I’m not steering you wrong by recommending these. I think in the slightly smaller length they’d be good for you. I really loved my old Rossi 144cm skis, especially when I first got them. Before that I’d been on old-school long, straight skis that I had since college. Having the shorter length really gave me confidence in moguls etc.
I'm feeling good about them - I think I'll grow into them and I'm pumped for that!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga