• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What does a Diva drive?

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Everyday wheels:

2000 GMC Safari AWD (I never thought I'd be old enough to drive a mini van :rolleyes: ) But, we can put at least 7 prs of skis, all the blades, and the snowboards in there and still have room for 8 people! Of course, in the summer, that's 4 bikes on the rack, at least 2 bikes inside, and room for 8 people (or 6 people and gear :smile: ).

My Baby:

1978 Porsche 924. My dream car when it's running :( . They're notorious for electrical problems.....I've had nothing but for the 11 years I've owned it :rolleyes: . Yes, it's a stick shift!!

Hubby's Baby:

1984 Pontiac Fiero. Our most dependable vehicle. Has never failed us. Sucks big time in the snow, though. Desperately needs a paint job and is a pig stye inside - cuz that's just the way he is.

ArmyWife

Certified Ski Diva
I've got a 2006 Honda Pilot. I'm getting used to it and am really starting to like it. I was kind of "forced" into buying something last year when my mini van got stolen right out of my driveway! It happenned just a couple weeks after we moved to Florida. Here was my husband in Iraq, and my son and myself up to our eyeballs in boxes and trying to get moved into our new house. I didn't even know my car was gone until I walked outside one morning to drive my son to school and--no car. Down the street was on old clunker with all the doors open and lights on with a police car parked behind recording information on it. Seems the "clunker" was also a stolen car that some kids had stolen but it wasn't driving well so they decided to trade for mine. Lucky me.

When they found it it was a wreck. Had obviously been used for a night of partying and smoking dope and run into a ditch.

BUMMER. Believe it or not--I really liked my mini van. Could carry tons of "stuff" and people in it. But now--I'm loving my Pilot too.

Snowsong

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I went to a Subaru Baja from a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I loved the Cherokee and would have bought another, but when I wore it out and it was time for a new vehicle, gas prices were a factor. I live in a rural area, and have to travel to get to anything. The main road drifts a lot, so I needed something that would plow through the snow and get me up the mt. I cut my gas consumption in half, and I get through the snow just fine. It has been a good vehicle for me. As to a dream vehicle, I don't have any particular brand in mind, but would probably get a sports car convertable.

pollittcl

Certified Ski Diva
I drive a Jeep Liberty, which I love. I bought it two years ago specifically for skiing! I used to own an old (before BMW) mini, but eventually it died! I was so upset that I cried.

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lola said:
What does a ski diva drive??? How about a MINI Cooper? My MINI is named Eddie and I just love to drive him every day! He's little, cute, and quick and blue!- But seriously, I love my MINI.

And Guess what!!! My vanity plate came in the mail today! Now my MINI Cooper can be seen driving about with a Pennsylvania liscense plate that reads "Ski Diva"! :D I am so, very happy and the real Ski Diva is so very jealous - aren't you Wendy? ;)

Maybe I will post a picture soon.
Lola

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, yes -- it's perfectly fine that you have SKI DIVA as your license plate. Oh, yes. It's fine. I'm not jealous at all. No sireee. Not all all. Uh-uh. Not a jealous bone in my body.

ARRRRRGH!!!!!!!

I guess if someone has to have it in PA, I'm glad it's you. Do it proud.

And besides, I have SKILIFT as my plate -- which I know Phil wanted. So I guess we're even. :D

snobound

Certified Ski Diva
I drive a Chevy Blazer. It's a great little rig. But if I could have anything I think I want one of those Dodge Caliber AWD. ahh....

NHSkiGirl35

Diva in Training
I just took delivery of...

a 94 Land Rover Discovery....4wd, loaded...yummy!

Now, I need suggestions for a vanity plate...but first, a little background...I live in RI, ski in NH and MA, VT and ME.

Work for the DoD, have two labs and live to ski. "nuff said. LOL

Suggestions????

-Kim

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
NHSkiGirl35 said:
a 94 Land Rover Discovery....4wd, loaded...yummy!

Now, I need suggestions for a vanity plate...but first, a little background...I live in RI, ski in NH and MA, VT and ME.

Work for the DoD, have two labs and live to ski. "nuff said. LOL

Suggestions????

-Kim

Welcome!
If you're looking for a vanity plate, you can start here and keep your eye out, we may get some ideas
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159&highlight=vanity+plates

For starters:

snolife

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Still waiting for the official "unveiling" of the SKIDIVA.

How does eddie feel about being plated "SKIDIVA"?

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SnowHot said:
How does eddie feel about being plated "SKIDIVA"?

We had to charge the battery in the camera, which is now done, so maybe Phil will take a photo of us this morning.

Eddie - just loves being a Ski Diva. Eddie is named after my favorite British comedian, Eddie Izzard - who happens to be a transvestite. Eddie Izzard is brilliantly funny. If you haven't seen any of his stand-up comedy DVD's you should. So needless to say, dressing up with a woman's label is just so him! I just have to make sure I don't catch him climbing trees and putting on make-up. :D

Lola

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
NHSkiGirl35 said:
I LOVE Eddie Izzard!!! His comedy is brilliant!!!! Glad to hear of another Izzard lover out there!!! :smile:
I absolutely love Eddie too! That's why I named my car after him. He is one of the most intelligent comics out there today. :smile: Here's to Eddie - Caio!

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DSC00003.jpg

Here is (left to right) Me, Eddie AKA "The cross dressing Mini, Ski Diva" and Lil. Three generations of Divas.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Awe , Eddie looks so "right" donning SkiDiva.
One Question:
Where's the snow?

HotChocolate

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not only do you ladies have a ski quiver but a car quiver too! Hmmmm.....

I drive a Saab-93, love that little turbo button vroooooom!!!!

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Audi A4 Quattro Avant--the best ski car (and whitewater car and camping car and cruising car and blowing-the-doors-off-the-jerks car) ever invented but never (hear me, never) drive it in the snow with your expensive summer Z-rated race tires! Put a good set of winter wheels on it & weather never gets in the way, which is exactly why I bought it.

Dream car? My husband talks about it so much I see it in my dreams--Porsche Turbo Carrera.

Margaritamarcia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Car (Bostonese = Cah)

I drive a Saab 2006 9-3. We do use a Thule box if 4 of us drive up, but usually we just flip down one of the rear seats and slide the skis through. It is great in snow, decent mileage and quite comfortable and sporty. We have a 1996 Miata for summer, Fall, Spring fun. It is a gas! You just think of turning and there you are. It is my husbabd's toy in that he has "tricked it out" to a reasonable degree. Our dream car would be a Porsche 911 (of any color). We figure we will be able to afford one just when we will not be able to get out of it.

Oh well, I'm not complaining. Good equipment, great car, better husband, pretty fantastic kids.....all my parts. Life is good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna