• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What a great start !

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Well day 1 down at CSIA Pro Day Camp. I have never been so wet, except in the summer. Wet snow on top, ice pellets and rain on the bottom. We stayed off the bottom, except the North side. As we had to use the full bottom to top chair. This afternoon we were skiing "Sierra Cement" powder of about 3".

Our group came into the top lodge around 10:45am for a coffee. Then as the weather was getting worst, we decided to keep going and have a late lunch. I felt like I was sitting in a wet bathing suit bottom at that lunch. Putting on my gloves after lunch was a chore. Also after lunch we just downloaded on the gondola. Home and a HOT shower...
Yyyyyyyyikes! I am sorry to hear it.

Do you see any new snow coming in the weather focust ?

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Good on you for sticking it out! If I am going to ski in really wet conditions I have taken to wearing a poncho or even a trash bag with arm holes cut out in a pinch. It really helps keep at least your core clothing drier. I usually outlast most people I start with those days. My issue is usually the gloves piece.. once they soak through, if it is too cold I’m done. I have skied with super uncomfortable soaking mittens before after stopping for lunch and ugh were they torturous to put back on afterward to go back out. That day the snow was great and I wanted to keep skiing, but eventually just could not take the soaked hands. Your description of feeling like you were sitting in a wet bathing suit bottom though? I think that would have definitely been my breaking point! Lol That would be my queue to head to the hot tub.
Holy moly!
I just realized how lucky I have been as I have never skied in rain.

Covie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Mudgirl630 wow!!! Just living vicariously through you - don’t mind me! Loving your start to ski season.
I really hope the east gets some arctic air! It poured all day, we could have had a foot of snow but it just too warm.

Amie H

Angel Diva
I'm bummed that it's going to be in the 40's and rainy Friday, otherwise I was going to drive up after work and do a night ski at Cascade (near Wisconsin Dells.) :(

Enjoy the snow, @Mudgirl630

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
I have been in California for the past few months, headed back to Toulouse on 15 Dec, land on the 16th and head to Andorra on the 17th...my webcam shows snow, though they are not open yet. Really looking forward to it and hoping the European season will be a good one, snow-wise.

I can't imagine being out in 1 degree F...I barely like 1 degree C :-)

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have been in California for the past few months, headed back to Toulouse on 15 Dec, land on the 16th and head to Andorra on the 17th...my webcam shows snow, though they are not open yet. Really looking forward to it and hoping the European season will be a good one, snow-wise.

I can't imagine being out in 1 degree F...I barely like 1 degree C :-)
Me too! obsessively checking out snow forecasts and watching webcams from Les Arcs: hoping to wean family off Japan and into Europe so need a good January.

About 6 weeks to go so *breathe...*

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I'm bummed that it's going to be in the 40's and rainy Friday, otherwise I was going to drive up after work and do a night ski at Cascade (near Wisconsin Dells.) :(

Enjoy the snow, @Mudgirl630
Thank you. The season just started. We are hoping that the snow will keep coming to the end. We are expecting another storm to start this evening and last for a few days.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna