• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What a great start !

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
SO JEALOUS! We're expecting rain and warm temps AGAIN here in Vermont today. All the snow that fell has melted, too. So depressing.

That said, happy for you!

Last edited:

Jilly

Staff member
I'm at the CSIA Pro Day Camp and it's really windy this morning. Only way up is the Gondola. We'll see if it runs.

@Mudgirl630 - picture posted sideways orginally.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Verrrrry verrrry slowly ..... the break is all good its now the ligaments and ankle that need sorting, waiting for an MRI then I'll know more. Keep up the posts its fabulous to see your season starting on such a high :ski:
Sending you a huge hug.

• Love
Reactions: AJM

Jilly

Staff member
Well day 1 down at CSIA Pro Day Camp. I have never been so wet, except in the summer. Wet snow on top, ice pellets and rain on the bottom. We stayed off the bottom, except the North side. As we had to use the full bottom to top chair. This afternoon we were skiing "Sierra Cement" powder of about 3".

Our group came into the top lodge around 10:45am for a coffee. Then as the weather was getting worst, we decided to keep going and have a late lunch. I felt like I was sitting in a wet bathing suit bottom at that lunch. Putting on my gloves after lunch was a chore. Also after lunch we just downloaded on the gondola. Home and a HOT shower...

MissySki

Angel Diva
Well day 1 down at CSIA Pro Day Camp. I have never been so wet, except in the summer. Wet snow on top, ice pellets and rain on the bottom. We stayed off the bottom, except the North side. As we had to use the full bottom to top chair. This afternoon we were skiing "Sierra Cement" powder of about 3".

Our group came into the top lodge around 10:45am for a coffee. Then as the weather was getting worst, we decided to keep going and have a late lunch. I felt like I was sitting in a wet bathing suit bottom at that lunch. Putting on my gloves after lunch was a chore. Also after lunch we just downloaded on the gondola. Home and a HOT shower...
Good on you for sticking it out! If I am going to ski in really wet conditions I have taken to wearing a poncho or even a trash bag with arm holes cut out in a pinch. It really helps keep at least your core clothing drier. I usually outlast most people I start with those days. My issue is usually the gloves piece.. once they soak through, if it is too cold I’m done. I have skied with super uncomfortable soaking mittens before after stopping for lunch and ugh were they torturous to put back on afterward to go back out. That day the snow was great and I wanted to keep skiing, but eventually just could not take the soaked hands. Your description of feeling like you were sitting in a wet bathing suit bottom though? I think that would have definitely been my breaking point! Lol That would be my queue to head to the hot tub.

Jilly

Staff member
It was mine. I actually got thinking...would "Depends" put on inside out be better? No it was time to quit. Gloves are dry already, pants and inner layer dry. Jacket still a little wet.

I have never had water run down through my helmet and into my ear!!

Visibility was an issue too. And part of the equation to quit.

I got home. Had shower. Then I needed to go and pick up my new boots.

Tomorrow is another day. My Day 2 is to be a full day session on: "Women in Skiing". I'm going to miss the 3 day camp coming up in January. Just can't make the dates, so this is it for that subject.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly