• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

We're giving away FIVE SkiA Sweetspot Trainers!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
You lucky Divas, you.

Now you have a chance to win one of FIVE SkiA Sweetspot Trainers! It's a dry land trainer that provides a unique way to hone your balance skills -- skills that transfer directly to skiing and can help take your skiing to the next level! (I reviewed it in my blog in December, 2012. You can see that here).

index.php

The SkiA Sweetspot has been endorsed by all sorts of organizations, including the PSIA/CSIA. It's great for everyone from beginning skiers up to advanced and expert. You can see it in use here, in their newest training video:

Now SkiA is sponsoring a contest to give away FIVE Sweetspot Trainers to five very lucky Divas. Entering is easy. Just go to the SkiA website and post one fact about the Sweetspot Trainer here in this thread. Entries close noon EST on November 19. We'll have a random drawing from all entries later that afternoon.

The contest starts NOW. Good luck!

Oh, and just one entry per person, please.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
With my ski time these days being (sadly) really, really limited, this concept is really appealing-

Because the training is so focused, minutes of practice can be of more benefit than hours spent skiing. By training and developing your skills on dry land, you then get the very best value from the time you spend on skis

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I like this one:

• Movement patterns: use the Trainer to practice accurate movement patterns– flex and extend in balance on the blocks, and practice rotation movements, leg pivoting (essential for short radius turns on steep and narrow runs) and lateral movements from edge to edge. This is the perfect way to train and develop your muscle memory, so that you will automatically use the same highly effective movements when you ski. (emphasis added)

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
Use the SkiA trainer to help reduce your risk of injury and, if you have been unfortunate, use it to help speed your recovery.

SkiBilly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's easily portable; being small and light it will fit into a backpack or large pocket. :smile:

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I really like this one:

We designed the SkiA Ski Trainer to be used with ski boots because, with your ankles ‘braced’ by the boots, you have to use your whole body to balance.
It’s impossible to balance purely by using feet and ankle movements. You really have to sense and tune into the balance signals from your feet, and engage your hips, shoulders, head and arms – right to your fingertips - to stay centered.
It’s a unique and patented challenge – no other balance trainer works this way – and it’s exactly the way that you balance on skis.

skicrazed

Certified Ski Diva
People of different skill levels can benefit from the SkiA Trainer---it is effective with beginners, intermediates, and advanced skiers.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can share w/ DD :smile:

"It can be used by adults and children (from 5-6 yrs upwards), and fits every size of Alpine ski boots."

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"There is growing evidence that the Skia SKi Trainer helps to speed rehabilitation and recovery from injury. It helps improve proprioception, retrains the balance function and builds muscle strength - in a safe and structured way. At the same time skiers using the trainer develop enhanced skills of balance and co-ordination."

(I could use some of that coordination ... and balance.)

ride_ski

Angel Diva
It comes with 4 different sets of blocks- from easy to ones that will challenge the "very best" skiers.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I could use help with this! (Well, at least with the back seat part!)

Posture
: the trainer promotes great posture, which can be one of the hardest aspects of skiing to train. To balance, you have to be centered – the key to really effective skiing posture. For skiers who habitually ski ‘in the back seat’, using the Trainer is a revelation - experience centered balance almost instantly

veritasliberat

Certified Ski Diva
Using the trainer will develop your core strength, incorporating your core muscles as an essential part of your system of balance and movement.

G Hoodie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love this : "Accidents and injury are unfortunately all-too-common in skiing. Skiers are particularly prone to knee injury, especially those involving anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tears....

Centered balance improves control, and significantly reduces the loading on the skeleton and joints - particularly on the knee joints.

This gives skiers the confidence to return to the slopes plus the ability to ski more safely, so reducing the risk of further accident and injury."

This Diva, like so many of us, tore an ACL skiing a few years ago. It took me 2 seasons to come back fully with no brace. Strengthening as prevention is so important for us ladies, yet we rarely make the time for it in our busy lives.

mountaingal

Certified Ski Diva
"It can be used by adults and children (from 5-6 yrs upwards), and fits every size of Alpine ski boots." Great for the whole family!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It’s a unique dry-land training device, designed to be used with ski boots, which can be used almost anywhere. The Trainer is used by thousands of skiers, and recommended by professional skiers and racers, leading ski schools, and national ski instructor organisations worldwide.

marzNC

Angel Diva
There are three key ways to use the Sweetspot trainers:
  • Centered balance
  • Movement in balance
  • Control movements (centered pivoting and edging).
Being able to practice edging in ski boots before getting back on skis after knee rehab was very helpful for building confidence. Chris Fellows of NASTC is a strong supporter of the SkiA Sweetspot.

Pandita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I liked
It’s perfect for complete beginners and intermediate skiers, and equally good for advanced and expert skiers.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
"Use the SkiA trainer to help reduce your risk of injury and, if you have been unfortunate, use it to help speed your recovery."

I like the idea of using it to train because it lets you wear your ski boots. Being comfortable in my boots is often an issue on my first couple of days. When I finally get to ski this season, I want to be as ready as possible. Also, this is probably an apparatus which Mr. Skibum can use in the future, as part of his rehab prior to his return to the slopes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna