• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Utard Divas - Snow this weekend!

cinnabon

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Solitude opens Nov 14 and Brighton opens Nov 15. Snowbird will open this weekend.

2008-11-05 — Snowbird Announces 2nd Earliest Opening Ever

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SNOWBIRD, UTAH – Continuing the tradition of offering the longest ski season in Utah, Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort will open Friday, Nov. 7. This year’s opening marks the second earliest start to a season in the resort’s 38-year history.

“This storm and the subsequent lake effect have provided a timely blanket of snow in Little Cottonwood Canyon,” said Snowbird President Bob Bonar. “Skiing early season powder is a great way to kick off the season.”

Snowbird will be offering the Aerial Tram and two lifts, Gadzoom and Mid-Gad, to skiers and riders beginning Friday at 9 a.m. Expected open terrain includes Regulator Johnson from the top of Hidden Peak, as well as Big Emma and Bassackwards. Additional lifts and terrain will open as conditions permit. The Snowbird Center and Creekside Lodge will be offering multiple food, merchandise and equipment rental options throughout the weekend.

More than 3 feet of snow has fallen in November, and cold temperatures have allowed snow guns to operate, adding to the already impressive early season snow totals. Last year, Snowbird received 611 inches of The Greatest Snow on Earth® and had a 183-day season with skiing and riding from Nov. 30 to June 22.

Snowbird is offering an early season ticket price of $62 and chair passes will be honored to access the Tram until additional terrain opens. Early season lodging packages are currently available starting at $99/night through much of December.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::snow::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oops, and I heard wrong about the Canyons - they aren't open until late Nov.

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This forecast is bringing tears to my eyes. What a great way to start the season.

NWS said:
Saturday Night: Snow, mainly after 11pm. Low around 25. Southwest wind between 8 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Sunday: Snow. High near 32. South wind between 13 and 16 mph becoming light. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Sunday Night: Snow. Low around 18. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Monday: Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Monday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.

Veterans Day: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.

Tuesday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.

Wednesday: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.

Wednesday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.

Thursday: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Brighton opens Wednesday, Nov. 12. (Hosts meet tomorrow a.m. to prepare). I may have to check it out on Wed. a.m.........a little groomer sliding sounds good to me about now.

Hope the snow train keeps chuggin' and 'spreading the snow' across the mountains, prairies, and makes it to the NE very soon.

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lots of snow up there, ladies!! I had the priviledge of getting out on a beautiful bluebird day yesterday. North-facing powder was still pretty soft and deep. I cannot believe how well that storm filled stuff in! Don't get me wrong...lots of bushes and rocks still out there, but it's a great start. A few pics from the day (the camera didn't come out too much - we were way too psyched to be out there!)

Can I just say how good it is to see snow in the mountains again??

All smiles :D:D
n1612237292_26142_154.jpg

Mr. Tradygirl enjoying his first turns of the season
n1612237292_26141_9894.jpg

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nice Trady! I'm so jealous. I was actually AT Alta yesterday, but I wasn't hiking ... I was just picking up my pass. I can't wait!

cinnabon

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In case anyone hasn't heard about this - I saw it on TGR:
I'll be there with a couple of coats!(2 per person max)

On November 15th and 16th, we are working with the newly formed Westminster Ski Team, Catholic Community Services and our skiers, to collect 500 warm, clean coats for struggling and homeless folks in Salt Lake City. We will give our skiers a day of skiing for a warm clean coat. The Westminster Ski Team will take care of collection and the folks at Catholic Community Services will distribute the coats to those in need. Bring a coat to the Wildcat Ticket Office between 11:00 am and 4:00 either day and receive a day pass voucher* good for a day of skiing and help someone less fortunate**.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga