• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Utard Divas - Snow this weekend!

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
National Weather Service said:
MUCH COLDER AIR WILL POUR INTO UTAH FROM THE WEST BEGINNING SUNDAY NIGHT. WIDESPREAD VALLEY RAIN AND MOUNTAIN SNOWS ARE EXPECTED THROUGH MONDAY. SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW ARE POSSIBLE IN THE MOUNTAINS.

Is winter finally going to hit the Wasatch? Don't get me wrong, the fall weather has been insanely enjoyable, but I'm ready for some mountain snow!

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is winter finally going to hit the Wasatch? Don't get me wrong, the fall weather has been insanely enjoyable, but I'm ready for some mountain snow!

me too! I certainly hope this means that winter is starting -- but I just hope nothing major happens in the valley when I am moving my furniture!

:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
me too! I certainly hope this means that winter is starting -- but I just hope nothing major happens in the valley when I am moving my furniture!

:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:

I'm secretly hoping that because you're moving, the snow will come. Weather always happens when you least want it! MOVE! MOVE!

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's HERE! IT'S HERE! It's a blizzard out here near Salt Lake International. :yahoo:

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Alta has gotten 22" in the last 24 hours. And lake effect is lingering....

Base is already up to 32"!!!

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
From my mom's front porch this afternoon------and her house is in the VALLEY.

WOO HOO.

momsporch.jpg

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Alta reported 46" from yesterday's storm!

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
BEAUTIFUL, cinnabon! Extremely jealous here!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm enjoying it, but the Northeast has us beat - Killington is already open!

I'm half an hour south of Killington, and it's almost 60° here today. Not good. Utah is waaaaaay ahead of us here in VT.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I heard the Canyons is also opening on Friday.

Solitude opens Nov 14 and Brighton opens Nov 15. Snowbird will open this weekend.

2008-11-05 — Snowbird Announces 2nd Earliest Opening Ever

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SNOWBIRD, UTAH – Continuing the tradition of offering the longest ski season in Utah, Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort will open Friday, Nov. 7. This year’s opening marks the second earliest start to a season in the resort’s 38-year history.

“This storm and the subsequent lake effect have provided a timely blanket of snow in Little Cottonwood Canyon,” said Snowbird President Bob Bonar. “Skiing early season powder is a great way to kick off the season.”

Snowbird will be offering the Aerial Tram and two lifts, Gadzoom and Mid-Gad, to skiers and riders beginning Friday at 9 a.m. Expected open terrain includes Regulator Johnson from the top of Hidden Peak, as well as Big Emma and Bassackwards. Additional lifts and terrain will open as conditions permit. The Snowbird Center and Creekside Lodge will be offering multiple food, merchandise and equipment rental options throughout the weekend.

More than 3 feet of snow has fallen in November, and cold temperatures have allowed snow guns to operate, adding to the already impressive early season snow totals. Last year, Snowbird received 611 inches of The Greatest Snow on Earth® and had a 183-day season with skiing and riding from Nov. 30 to June 22.

Snowbird is offering an early season ticket price of $62 and chair passes will be honored to access the Tram until additional terrain opens. Early season lodging packages are currently available starting at $99/night through much of December.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::snow::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pandita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am now officially jealous of Utards. :drool: Wish I could be skiing on Friday instead of working this weekend :( :Cry::Cry: I wish it would snow out here in the east.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga