• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Upgrade of the Century

lovebug

Certified Ski Diva
I treated myself to a set of Sweet Luvs and my first pair of boots about half way through the season last year. By all rights, I'm definatly still a beginner but I have been trying to go local every week this year. I can very confidently ski the blues now - not fast, but sure. I've noticed as I've gotten better that I was having a harder time holding edges and staying stable with the issue primarly showing up around lunch time and only on the right foot. Turns out last year, when they fit me for boots, they listened a little too closely to me about what was "comfortable". Once I figured out what was going on, I went back to the shop and asked for some help. Turns out, I was in boots 1 whole size to big for me and too soft for my strength. They were awesome and gave me a trade-in. I was able to pick some older (but never worn) Rush 8s in place of my old Technica Modo 8s. MMMMmmmm support :D Picked up a helmet while I was there too. Now I'm excited!! Cars packed ... clothes are set out and I'm ready to go!!

So the shop guy goes "well now you are likely to grow outa those skiis a bit faster" Could it be true.... can I justify more new gear so soon?? :eyebrows:

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So the shop guy goes "well now you are likely to grow outa those skiis a bit faster" Could it be true.... can I justify more new gear so soon?? :eyebrows:

Yep. With the new boots you will be overpowering those skis pretty quick. But, now that you have better boots, you can go and demo some better skis to match them. Ain't it grand how that works out?? :thumbsup:

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yep, I'll third what the others said, you should be able to justify a ski splurge. Let us know how it goes on your new boots.

Sounds like a great shop, giving you the trade in at no cost.

lovebug

Certified Ski Diva
Reporting back on the boots. Oh man, I had a great day yesterday. I wish I could go again today - its been great weather here and the conditions were pretty good (for the Poconos anyway) I was so stoked to go get on the hill that we were all packed by Friday night. Woke up yesterday and was skiing by 8am (we are 45 minutes away from Blue Mountain).

I had SO much more control yesterday. Felt it immediately when I came through the checkpoint. Much less time to try and recover from idiot moves though :redface: I spent most of the day on the easier blues and stepped it up for a couple of runs. I noticed so much more control and ease in initiating turns. At the end of the day, my legs felt well used, but I had no tension in my ankles or my knees. I felt much more confident and responsive to changing snow conditions. And I was able to ski faster. Much faster....I think that I hit the speed limit of my skis a bit, on my favorite easy blue I went rocketing down the steep only to look down and see the tips of my skis bouncing. Darn it all ;)

Demo days on Feb 29th up at Jackfrost. I'm gonna see if i can convince hubby to drive a bit further.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I heard feb, 3 is demo day at Blue as well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga