• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Update ~ SnowHot on the mend

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I thought I posted the entire story of my Bike mishap somewhere on SkiDiva but I can't find it.
I had thought about blowing it off because it seemed soooooooo insignificant compared to the crashes of Tradygal and Volklgirl, with massive injuries/stitches/such.
Here is the update on the Ortho apt today, as well as the Original report and follow up with pics from Epic.

Update
Saw ortho today, who chuckled at the ER report on my hand.
Though there may be ligament damage, he is not assuming that, nor approaching that until the fracture is healed.
The bone the ER doc said had a fracture does not have a fracture, which is probably why I am not feeling pain in that area, and haven't been feeling pain in that area.
The bone that actually does have a fracture, is the Pisiform(No this is not a renal issue) (C) in this diagram

I will be using brace the next two weeks. He's assuming that I won't be laying low, and encouraged me to listen to the pain and not do things that the pain won't allow.
I'm guessing I'll be back on the bike by next Wednesday for my Hump Day Ride!

Okay Class, any questions?[/quote]

When a whooo hooo turns into an Oh Sh................iiiiiiit!
Since there have been a few questions posed to me after posting a bit about a broken wrist in the Wed night ride thread, I figured I should fill in the blanks.

I had one of the best ride nights of the season, Thursday night. Getting the bunny hops, popping logs, and ripping through the down hills, ruts, roots and all!
I had tons of Whooooo Hoooooo! Going on!
Then it happened.
The guy in front of me(new guy to the group) wasn't expecting some significant sand, he baubbled, which forced me to take a different line, one of which was worse with sand, which sucked me off trail where I hit a log(or something) under brush and went over the handle bars.
Bruised hip, strawberry marks on my stomach, hit my head hard on the ground(thank goodness for a good helmet), and twisted my wrist.
I figured I sprained my wrist, so, no biggie, finished the ride, loaded my bike and headed for dinner with friends.
During dinner, my wrist started to bruise and swell, ugh!
off to ER for xrays. Yup, Hairline fracture, and possible ligament damage.
I think I'll be back on the bike in a few weeks, but I won't know until I see the sports med doc on Monday.

I woke up on Friday morning, only to find a few extra bruises, aches and pains, not to mention a black eye.

My new goal, Turn the Oh Sh........its into Whoo Hoooo's, not the the other way around!

*The truly horrible thing about this, even though I'll probably be back on the bike in a few weeks, I have a feeling that my golf game is done for a looooong time.:(

Here goes, the few pics I managed to get.

This particular bruise doesn't quite compare to the Kiss of the trees at Breck, but I feel it a whole lot more.

Hand pics pending.

There, are you satisfied?

What VG hasn't told you, and I left out of the story, is that, I had sand and crud on/in my helmet, so here I was, getting up and sorted out and to help me, She wacked me in the head to knock the dirt off my helmet!!!
Thanks, I know I can count on you!!!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not much of an Xray pic, especially since Terry's was obviously crushed, and mine is just a baby crack, but here it is.
n830505017_3422911_6482.jpg

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm glad it's not worse, Snowhot. Hope you heal up fully and quickly! No pics of the hot PA?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
^^^What she said. Glad it's not worse.

So are you pissed at your pisaform?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^^^What she said. Glad it's not worse.

So are you pissed at your pisaform?
I am pissed!!!
That's what I told Terry!!!

I would have loved to get a pic of the ER doc, but I didn't take my camera in the hospital, nor my cell phone, and Terry wouldn't go out to get it from the Jeep.

If Volklgirl would have been there instead of my grumpy ol' husband, she would have gotten my camera!!!

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Glad the ortho seems to think it's not too bad.

ER docs can be the absolute worst at ortho stuff, I can say through both personal and professional experience! Not all, but many of them, anyway. And I can say that, my sister will soon be one. :wink: I got a diagnosis of "soft tissue damage" when I was in high school which ultimately turned out to be a triquetrum fracture (the carpal bone right next to the pisiform) and ended up taking a ridiculously long time to heal. I've sent many an athlete to the ER, knowing full well what was wrong with them only to have them come back and tell me something completely different (and have myself ultimately proven right when they finally saw the ortho!). No, I am not a doctor, but I definitely know more about orthopedic injuries than a lot of doctors! :p

Love the bruise pic, that's a good one!

Consuela

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would have loved to get a pic of the ER doc, but I didn't take my camera in the hospital, nor my cell phone, and Terry wouldn't go out to get it from the Jeep.

If Volklgirl would have been there instead of my grumpy ol' husband, she would have gotten my camera!!!

:ROTF: Really? I wonder why not? What a stick in the mud.... :ROTF:

Anyway, glad it is less than expected and hope you mend quickly!

Even if you aren't practicing yet from the MTB book/video you are are absorbing, please still share any new Ah-ha's that you get on the Virtual MTB Skills Clinic thread. :eyebrows: hehehe

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OMG! I'm so glad you're okay (except for the hand). Don't screw it up too badly! :smile:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
:( Darn, really sorry to hear it-----but....could be worse?? Just catching up today, sorry about late response here. Oh my, what graphic photos :eek: OW! Those of us who have had to sit out parts if not all of a particular sport's season do know the frustration....Hang tough! "This too shall pass." Wrists are tricky. Let it mend.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hope you heal soon! And glad you can still type. :p
Typing is not easy, but I can manage. If you IM'd with me you'd know that its kind of necessary to have the "broken wrist" decoder to understand what I mean.
For posts, I check before hitting submit :smile:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Typing is not easy, but I can manage. If you IM'd with me you'd know that its kind of necessary to have the "broken wrist" decoder to understand what I mean.
For posts, I check before hitting submit :smile:
:D :D :D

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ouch, that's gotta hurt your golf game!

overthehilldiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hope you're better soon. It's been quite the year for this group as a whole.
I once broke a finger scrubbing a shag carpet that my puppy had pee'd on. I was in a rush to go somewhere with one of my kids and got overzealous. It was hard to explain that to the doc.
Good luck!
Jane

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna