• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Twisted Twins Swiped at Okemo!!!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone seen these skis??

2390073289_90eb78c8c2_o.png

Friend of the site, PhilPug, who also happens to be Lola's husband and the donor of the Transpack for our breast cancer raffle, had his super cool Hart Twisted Twins stolen at Okemo today! (No, they weren't locked.)

There aren't many of these around. So if anyone sees them -- probably in the northeast -- they're very likely his. They're 176 cm.

Phil's a rep for Hart skis, so these skis are super extra important. You Divas who participated in the focus group at Solitude will remember Phil. A very nice guy. So keep your eyes peeled!

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We may be at Okemo tomorrow so I'll keep an eye out for them (in case the culprit returns to the scene of the crime?).

What a shame. Reminds me... better bring our locks, too.

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, how FRUSTRATING!! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: Will definitely keep an eye out, especially on eBay. The skis I had stolen surfaced less than a month later on eBay.

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Were they numbered?

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Argh! Thank you for reminding me why I now lock my skis. I was the only one out of the group of Bears today locking up but I kept at it and now I'm even more grateful! I hope they find them.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Just heard from Phil; he doesn't have the number handy. He's away from home, and that's where the number is.

HOWEVER -- he says they're probably the only pair of Twisted Twins on the east coast! And they're mounted center with a Marker 12.0 Speedlock.

Here's another pic. They're the ones on the right.

HartTwistedTins_2008.jpg

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Phil posted this on Epic with some more information to distinguish these from others.

The length is 176 cm, and there is a black line near the speedpoint dial which is distinct.

Hope the thiefs are found.

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's horrible! Why do people steal?? Especially when skiing!

BTW, those skis are sick! <in a good way!>

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's amazing . . . the things one can find out about their own family members by reading the Ski Diva forums. :wink:

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
What a lowlife; I guess I considered Vermont above that as I've never locked my skis there as I do at the big resorts out west....a lesson to me...

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What a lowlife; I guess I considered Vermont above that as I've never locked my skis there as I do at the big resorts out west....a lesson to me...
Unfortunately, since working at a small ski hill, I've learned that you should lock your skis always. Big or small, East or West, you're at risk at all times. Thieves know no boundaries. Of course, I take it to the extreme at the small ski hill and never leave my skis unattended... but that's a whole different level of obsession. :laugh:

Calgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Makes my blood boil to see this.......
I have locked my skis for the past yr now. Anyone out there that skis knows how much it costs to buy or replace gear, and there should be a mutual respect for property. I don't comprehend theft.....the motivation behind someone committing a theft.....I hope the skis are recovered.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I really hope those skis are recovered. Since they are fairly unusual for the area, hopeful that increases the chances of recovery. I always lock my skis, no matter where I am. The extra 15 seconds is worth it. My little local area does have GREAT security....there's always several large serious-looking guys lurking around the ski racks...and they've caught several thieves this year, so that's some comfort, but not a replacement for my lock.

Was a word put out to all the ski shops around?

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've never locked my skis... but where I ski we have a ski-corral for anyone who wants to "safe-guard" their skis. There is an attendent, and only one way in, and one way out. They give you a tag on a chain that you need to get your skis back. If anything gets stolen, it's on them.

I do think next year, perhaps, I'll pick up a ski lock for when we decide to travel outside our little hill though.

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
we are just talking about this while at Okemo the other day. It really ticks me off that you can't leave your gear somewhere without having some lowlife walk off with it.

I'm going to break out the lock for the next time I head out.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
:bump:

Now that ski season is upon us, I thought I'd put an APB out for these skis again. If anyone finds them on ebay or wherever, please let us know. They're pretty unique, so if they're out there, chances are they're Phil's.

lucine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Numbers ?
I'd hate to be all proactive and find out they were the wrong ones.
With all of us looking.....who knows

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga