• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Travel/Skiing after Covid positive result

echo_VT

Angel Diva
@Lmk92 I'm glad you and your husband are well! How scary. There are signs at the Vermont exits now off I-89 which state the rules. The government website is also updated with current rules. We listen to VPR in case of rule changes and updates on Covid cases. and I think what everyone’s suggested above is a good course of action based on guidelines.

We moved here from NY to Vermont. We also couldn’t obtain a test as essential workers — so we quarantined for 2 weeks before we moved and came here and it was easy bc we WFH and our daughter was out of school and camp. A week later after we moved ourselves, the movers came to move our stuff to make the move safe for us and for the movers who were working as a pod.

Hope you can make it to Vermont safely!

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ugh, I am sitting at home cancelling Epic reservations because I was exposed to a COVID-positive co-worker yesterday. I can't go to work for at least another week and it's created a staffing nightmare for the department.

So not only can't I go skiing (no natural snow for skinning, either), I can't even get groceries or run other errands. AND I only had 9 more days until the vaccine booster. Gah!

To top it off, the co-worker is a young, male part-timer who is genuinely the ONLY person I don't enjoy working with because I find him to be careless and morally shady. He goes to the gym every day and has rolled eyes at me for being unwilling to go (the gym doesn't regulate attendance numbers or require masks and does absolutely no sanitizing). And so here we are: he came down with a completely predictable positive result and now I have to postpone Dr. appointments, push back my clinical rotations, and cancel ski days.

I'm a little salty at the moment. I've decided to stay salty until lunchtime today and then get over it and focus on using my home-time effectively. :smile:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ugh, I am sitting at home cancelling Epic reservations because I was exposed to a COVID-positive co-worker yesterday. I can't go to work for at least another week and it's created a staffing nightmare for the department.

So not only can't I go skiing (no natural snow for skinning, either), I can't even get groceries or run other errands. AND I only had 9 more days until the vaccine booster. Gah!

To top it off, the co-worker is a young, male part-timer who is genuinely the ONLY person I don't enjoy working with because I find him to be careless and morally shady. He goes to the gym every day and has rolled eyes at me for being unwilling to go (the gym doesn't regulate attendance numbers or require masks and does absolutely no sanitizing). And so here we are: he came down with a completely predictable positive result and now I have to postpone Dr. appointments, push back my clinical rotations, and cancel ski days.

I'm a little salty at the moment. I've decided to stay salty until lunchtime today and then get over it and focus on using my home-time effectively. :smile:

AUUUUUUGH! I am so mad on your behalf! That kind of behavior is so selfish and immature. I hope to God he didn’t expose someone who’s more susceptible to the effects like a grandparent! How many of your staffers were in contact with this idiot?! I am so sorry this happened!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member

AWFUL! It fries me how inconsiderate and entitled some people can be. Sorry this happened. If it's any consolation, I'm not skiing this week, either. The conditions and the crowds (around here, anyway) are just not worth it. And believe me, you don't want to go anywhere near a grocery store right now.

You're not that far, so if there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How many of your staffers were in contact with this idiot?! I am so sorry this happened!

He "only" exposed one shift, but that includes someone who has a spouse on another shift who now has to quarantine. Everyone also has to postpone their vaccine boosters. There would have been no good time for this to happen, but it's especially galling that we were SO CLOSE to having everyone immunized.

Side note: the same guy exposed me to Cdiff last fall without my knowledge because he couldn't be bothered to wear ppe. He's done some pretty irresponsible things that violated protocol, and yet the "Good Guy" label seems to stick to him like Krazy-Glue. ("Him? Nah, it's ok, he's a good guy"). It'll be interesting to see if management still feels that way about him after costing the department so much money in overtime, testing fees, and lost work.

Thanks so much, Wendy!

Last edited:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
AWFUL! It fries me how inconsiderate and entitled some people can be. Sorry this happened. If it's any consolation, I'm not skiing this week, either. The conditions and the crowds (around here, anyway) are just not worth it. And believe me, you don't want to go anywhere near a grocery store right now.

The comment on the grocery store just made me happier about how much food I am bringing with me this weekend. (I saw a photo that Mr. Ski Diva posted elsewhere.) :frown:Yes I have been quarantined and yes I will be tested in the correct time frame.

Same offer for me, if you need anything I won’t be that far away when I am in Ludlow. If there is anything from the flatlands that you want, that I can get dropped off, let me know and I can wedge that somewhere in my car!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The idiocy of humans has no boundaries!! It's running rampant by me- many from local restaurant decided to keep working while feeling sick, a funeral and a seafood distributor super spreaders. we went from 300 cases held steady all summer now way over 1000- thankfully no deaths (only the 26 poor souls in the nursing home that died in April from lunacy of putting covid positive back in the home with no quarantine)

My small sporting club is shut down. 12/26 someone that wasn't feeling well thought they'd go to the club and 2 days later they were in the hospital with covid!
They are out of hospital but did a great job passing it on too many! Now Everyone that was at the club is in quarantine, they closed the place for professional sanitizing and will think about 1/7 opening but are not hopeful- they can't put we have to stay closed because of 'too many morons" in the newsletter unfortunately.

IMO- Temperature checks should be mandatory for anyone going anywhere.
We do daily Temp checks at my home Ski area for all employees and all students in lessons- sure we may still be exposed, but seems the fever is the initial warning that more people should heed and stay home! I wish more business's would mandate temp checks as necessary to get inside- and yes of course still wear a mask and wash hands and use sanitizer.

@SallyCat hope the vaccine worked and you don't get sick. and I hope they fire the irresponsible 'good' guy before he kills someone!

Christy

Angel Diva
He "only" exposed one shift, but that includes someone who has a spouse on another shift who now has to quarantine. Everyone also has to postpose their vaccine boosters. There would have been no good time for this to happen, but it's especially galling that we were SO CLOSE to having everyone immunized.

Side note: the same guy exposed me to Cdiff last fall without my knowledge because he couldn't be bothered to wear ppe. He's done some pretty irresponsible things that violated protocol, and yet the "Good Guy" label seems to stick to him like Krazy-Glue. ("Him? Nah, it's ok, he's a good guy"). It'll be interesting to see if management still feels that way about him after costing the department so much money in overtime, testing fees, and lost work.

Thanks so much, Wendy!

That really sucks. How is that not a no-brainer fireable offence???

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That really sucks. How is that not a no-brainer fireable offence???

Right!?
I should say that despite my irritation I am lucky in many ways and don't want to complain out of proportion. The vaccine may offer some protection and at any rate I'm not sick right now. I will still get paid while I'm out of work, and the things I have to miss or push back are matters of inconvenience, not anything crucial.

And it doesn't sound like I'm missing any good skiing. :ski3:

newboots

Angel Diva
Ugh, @SallyCat - this is terrible! What a jerk! And Cdiff! Those are two horrible infections. It's still before lunch, so I'm mad! [Apparently I composed this a couple hours ago but didn't post it!]

You have about 60% immunity from your first injection, right? I'm mad at the inconvenience, too, but we sure don't want you to get sick.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna