• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Too much too soon?

Skisailor

Angel Diva
Awesome. Thanks @marzNC.

I think the section where she discusses matching angles - around 9 minutes in - is where she also demonstrates the potential problem with a "frozen" ankle joint, even if it's flexed. By "frozen", I mean an ankle that either moves very little or not at all. The concern is not that it's bad for skiers to learn to close their ankles. It's that they should also learn how and when to open the ankle, because a frozen flexed ankle can lead to backseat skiing, just like a frozen open ankle can.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Awesome. Thanks @marzNC.
You're welcome. Keep thinking it would be good to collect all of Ursula's posts in one place but having too much fun with active threads to want to hunt for the old stuff.

I think I was lucky in finding a local boot fitter who understood that as a petite skier, I didn't need a stiff boot. Even when I upgraded to my current boots a few years ago (third pair since 2008) because I'd become an advanced skier, they are relatively low flex (under 100). I went from a recreational walk/ski 4-buckle boot to a standard 4-buckle rec boot to a 3-buckle boot.

Certainly makes it easier for me to do the "bounce" that the Taos instructor advocated to get loose and balanced when starting to tighten up in little bumps.

lucy

Angel Diva
Amazing post. Thank you!! Someone mentioned the "proper way to flex a ski boot", which I was not able to find in the archive and everything online is about choosing ski boot flex. Wondering if anyone can point me toward a topic or article?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna