• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tips with masks

Ski_AnnA

Diva in Training
Good morning all!

I'm searching for tips on how to wear a procedure mask in the chairlifts (thanks to COVID :( ). With the helmet on, it's been a challenge to figure out how to do that. Up to now, I've been putting the mask on with the earlobes under the helmet and kept it while skiing, but it gets wet very rapidly, which is not good at it diminishes the protection offered by the mask. I've seen some ski instructors with hooks on their helmets, but don't know where they got this.
What are your tips?

Ane

shadoj

Angel Diva
Good morning all!

I'm searching for tips on how to wear a procedure mask in the chairlifts (thanks to COVID :( ). With the helmet on, it's been a challenge to figure out how to do that. Up to now, I've been putting the mask on with the earlobes under the helmet and kept it while skiing, but it gets wet very rapidly, which is not good at it diminishes the protection offered by the mask. I've seen some ski instructors with hooks on their helmets, but don't know where they got this.
What are your tips?

Ane
If you've got some tech-y friends, they may be able to 3D print you a set of clips that fit on the ear straps; I've seen some folks sew buttons directly onto the earflaps, too.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The cheap and easy method is to use Command Hooks. Attach them to your helmet and just loop the ear loops over the hook. Available at target, Walmart, drug stores, hardware stores and pretty much everywhere.

Attachments

• F62F05E7-8707-4D89-B6B7-F7A13387ED08.jpeg
    F62F05E7-8707-4D89-B6B7-F7A13387ED08.jpeg
    434.5 KB · Views: 11

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also, put a gauze or tissue between your mouth and the mask to absorb moisture, then change it out regularly.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Command hooks x4… it makes the mask easier to … pivots up and down easily… I use small decor hooks - very small, almost invisible.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
some tips from this thread ……

Wolfie

Certified Ski Diva
i sewed an extra layer inside my face covering. Then i keep a spare mask or two in my pocket for indoors. But I love the command hook idea. The mini clear ones would look great.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna