• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ticket prices 2008-9

playoutside

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So maybe this is a bit early, but I'm starting to hear about significant increases (a lot due to energy costs) in day ticket prices. Of course, this is the year I decided not to get a season pass! :(

Not many areas are posting 08-09 pricing, but SkiNH has just posted their discount pricing for 08-09 NH mountains and there are some pretty steep increases. As an example, tickets to places like Sunapee, Attitash, Bretton Woods and Loon were $45 in 07-08 and are $56 in 08-09. That's about a 24% increase on discount tickets. :eek: Sure hope we don't see 20+% increase as the norm everywhere. (This is not meant as a criticism of SkiNH; it's a great program)

Has anyone seen other published pricing? Anyone hearing well-founded rumors?

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Our season passes went from $499 to $535 if purchased early. Lockers went from $150 to $195. Last year they increased day tickets to $56 and I wouldn't be surprised to see the "day" ticket go to $60 given the other two increases. Of course, there are plenty of ways to not pay that price, not the least of which is the discount given to anyone with a season pass from another mountain. That rate historically has been the "half day" rate which was $49 last year as I recall. I'd guess they won't raise that much, maybe a buck or two. After all, it's the tourists who spend money in the bar.

MaryLou

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So maybe this is a bit early, but I'm starting to hear about significant increases (a lot due to energy costs) in day ticket prices. Of course, this is the year I decided not to get a season pass! :(

Not many areas are posting 08-09 pricing, but SkiNH has just posted their discount pricing for 08-09 NH mountains and there are some pretty steep increases. As an example, tickets to places like Sunapee, Attitash, Bretton Woods and Loon were $45 in 07-08 and are $56 in 08-09. That's about a 24% increase on discount tickets. :eek: Sure hope we don't see 20+% increase as the norm everywhere. (This is not meant as a criticism of SkiNH; it's a great program)

Has anyone seen other published pricing? Anyone hearing well-founded rumors?
I think in the NE market, the break up of ASC really helped increase prices everywhere. Once their dirt cheap passes became history, other mountains suddenly didn't have to compete so heavily. Ski passes at Sunday River went up last year, and are going up again for next (I think it's $899 preseason for a Gold). But I'm a lifelong NE skiier, and in relative dollars, this is still a huge bargain. Passes used to be $1000 10 years ago, and they still haven't reached that at SR. I know Killington has really gone up, as well as pretty much every other ski area in NE. I'm one of the few people not bothered by increases, just because I remember what you got for your $ in the 70s (ancient lifts, crappy snow and 45 min lift lines) - today it's like skiing in luxury.

I also want ski areas to make $, it helps noone if they are not making $. So I'll deal with whatever comes our way...like milk/bread/gas...it's all going up - just tightening our belts in many different ways. But we'll still ski, that's for sure :ski:

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Glad I bought my season passes in April!! I got two different Mon. - Fri. passes, covering five mountains, and the total was only $30 (<5%) more than last year. Whew!

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nope, both are true blue season passes. One is to Okemo/Stratton/Sunapee, the other is Killington/Pico. Unfortunately, the expiration dates for the good deals have passed.

Jilly

Staff member
Our season passes didn't go up at Tremblant this year. I haven't heard what day lifts will be. I expect they will go up.

playoutside

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've had a season pass for most of the last 10 years, but this year I decided against it. My pass was only going up by $30, but there were other factors that made me decide against a pass this year. When I made that choice, I considered various discount programs I knew of for day tickets and decided since I wanted variety this year it was a better way to go. Now it looks like this approach may bite me in the butt! I don't plan to pay window rates for a day ticket, but it sure looks like even with the clubs and other discount options it won't be easy! Like others have said, I'm still going for it and will find other things to cut back on. A sign of the times...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga