• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

This crazy weather of ours...

Hjf6

Certified Ski Diva
Yeah, sadly, weekday skiing is not in the cards for me. Saturday, maybe. But it's like those billboards that say "you're not stuck in traffic, you ARE traffic". I'm not stuck in weekend crowds; I AM part of the weekend crowd.

But hey, it's either that, or not ski. So I deal. I'm still jealous of your ability to ski weekdays.

You summed it up perfectly! One of my (much more senior than I) coworkers takes off every Monday in the winter. I may have to try this next season :smile:

Christy

Angel Diva
Somehow this season has lowered our expectations (every week) and we seem to be reasonably happy with conditions as long as we can get an edge in!

I am trying to adopt this attitude and will ski tomorrow even though it hasn't snowed in a week, and it's been sunny and up to 50F (inversion!) on the slopes. Freeze, thaw, freeze, thaw. But hopefully there will be a window between the freeze and the slop tomorrow that is fun. And you gotta like the views when it's sunny.

Jilly

Staff member
Segac and SkiBam - SkiBam... we had more snow on the north side yesterday....What a zoo today. Glad I have that speed pass.

And Monday....through next week -25!! Wahoo for the work week!!

SkiRed

Certified Ski Diva
I skied today at Wachusetts. The weather was great, sunny, they did a great job grooming yesterday's snow. I was surprised but they had a lot of snow despite previous week of rain and warm up. Only an hour away, much easier to drive to from Boston.

Jilly

Staff member
Just spent 5 hours getting home from Tremblant. 30km/hr on the 401 because it wasn't clear yet!!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Just spent 5 hours getting home from Tremblant. 30km/hr on the 401 because it wasn't clear yet!!

Oh good grief! And to make things even more frustrating, it looks like it will be too cold (for me, anyway) to ski. Finally some new snow, then the vortex hits again. Anyway Jilly, glad you made it home safely.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Sunday River was surprisingly good this weekend, at least much better than I was anticipating after last week's weather events. We even got a break in the crowds which was surprising to me for MLK weekend. Saturday was busy, but then Sunday was great after 11:30ish (everyone seemed to clear out for the Patriot's game I assume), and yesterday was completely dead which I very much appreciated! All in all a very nice long weekend. I am hopeful a lot more snow comes soon though, I really want to start getting into the trees and the ones I'd like to attempt are just seemingly so far from skiable for me right now (rocks, grass, stumps, fallen trees galore)..

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I am hopeful a lot more snow comes soon though, I really want to start getting into the trees and the ones I'd like to attempt are just seemingly so far from skiable for me right now (rocks, grass, stumps, fallen trees galore)..
The newly expanded Blind Ambition? Yeah, it will take at least 3 feet to get that to open safely, as it hasn't been 100% logged out yet (or so I have heard). In retrospect, wow, were we spoiled last season. Average base depth up here in Brackett Basin was 3-4' from mid-December on.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Oh good grief! And to make things even more frustrating, it looks like it will be too cold (for me, anyway) to ski.
Same here. Dangerous wind chills predicted up here. Barely single digits through Friday. And I've had to sit out last couple of weeks due to bad cold and myriad of other interruptions. :frusty:

MissySki

Angel Diva
The newly expanded Blind Ambition? Yeah, it will take at least 3 feet to get that to open safely, as it hasn't been 100% logged out yet (or so I have heard). In retrospect, wow, were we spoiled last season. Average base depth up here in Brackett Basin was 3-4' from mid-December on.

Yep that is the one! I skied along side it yesterday and there is ALOT of stuff on the ground with not much in the way of snow cover.. Looks like it'll be really fun for the more novice tree skier such as myself as it looked pretty open without a terrible steep pitch, but yeah it has a really long way to go with everything I could see in there before I'd venture in.

Sarah

Certified Ski Diva
I had an unexpected great snow day yesterday at Stowe :snow: 2-3 inches during the day on Sunday then 6-8 inches overnight and almost noone at the mountain. I didn't have to wait once for a lift. The only downside was I didn't bother taking my new Bushwackers as I thought it was going to be hardpack/ice all weekend after reports of all the rain up there but it would have been perfect for them :doh:

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had an unexpected great snow day yesterday at Stowe :snow: 2-3 inches during the day on Sunday then 6-8 inches overnight and almost noone at the mountain. I didn't have to wait once for a lift. The only downside was I didn't bother taking my new Bushwackers as I thought it was going to be hardpack/ice all weekend after reports of all the rain up there but it would have been perfect for them :doh:

That's great to know. I'm going to be up at Stowe next week, and we were wondering what the conditions up there were like. Do you happen to know if the cross-country area is open too?

Jilly

Staff member
Well I made it home before the latest round of snow, but boy do we have it. When I drove into my office parking lot, I looked at the snow bank the plow left and all I could think of was that pile of snow that Ski Diva had a few years ago with the melt contest.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga