• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The summer fun photo thread

Christy

Angel Diva
We all do fun stuff in pretty places in the off season, and I thought it would be nice to have a thread to share photos.

Mine are from our first hiking weekend of the season, in the eastern Columbia River Gorge. This time of year it's very flowery and green there, in an otherwise dry and volcanic landscape.

14109050394_717ff4f236_c.jpg

14105414141_d63a436a5b_c.jpg

geargrrl

Angel Diva
We all do fun stuff in pretty places in the off season, and I thought it would be nice to have a thread to share photos.

Mine are from our first hiking weekend of the season, in the eastern Columbia River Gorge. This time of year it's very flowery and green there, in an otherwise dry and volcanic landscape.

14109050394_717ff4f236_c.jpg

14105414141_d63a436a5b_c.jpg

balsamroot!!!!

Christy

Angel Diva
Summer fun. Yes! This is from yesterday.

Are you golfing in the snow? I saw that on my phone and thought is was a ski photo, but now I see it's not!

Ahhhh I miss Washington State!

The OR side was gorgeous too. All the fruit trees around Hood River are in bloom, and with Mt Hood at one end and Adams at the other...beautiful. This area is so good in April!

Skise

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are you golfing in the snow? I saw that on my phone and thought is was a ski photo, but now I see it's not!

The course has been open for two weeks with no snow... Yesterday there were some snow flakes in the air when I started playing but it only got bad during the 7th hole. When teeing off the ground was still free of snow and when we reached the green it looked like that. That was the last hole we played (the whole course was shut and only opened today afternoon when the snow was gone). Should have gone skiing :D

Skise

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's hilarious!

A friend is leaving for Finland in a month "to spend the summer there"...

Even my Brazilian friend (who moved to Finland last summer) told me that "the green winter" is bearable so it's totally "safe" to come here for the summer ;-)

Skise

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Some more summer fun from previous summers
Letting my friend's cows out for the first time last summer
dy9ajagy.jpg

Suomenlinna fortress last summer
a4a9yqu3.jpg

Riding in Sweden (have no idea when, I go there every summer)
9a4umy9u.jpg

Hiking in Sweden
epe6e8ah.jpg

Also hiking in Sweden, in August a few years ago
y9ynapu6.jpg

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
NZfarmgirl, that looks like Lord of the Rings territory! So beautiful. Any idea when you'll be back in the US for skiing?

Christy

Angel Diva
I spent last week in SE Alaska, visiting a friend in Sitka and also spending a couple days in Glacier Bay National Park and Juneau. The wildlife viewing was great, especially in Glacier Bay, and I got enough of a break in the rain to do some hiking around Sitka. The temp never got over 55. SE AK is pretty inundated by the cruise ship crowds but I did my best to avoid them, and had a really great time. I wanted to take the ferry up from Bellingham but it was booked, but the plane ride up the BC Coast and inside passage is the prettiest flight you can imagine. And I did take the Alaska Marine Highway from Juneau to Sitka.

Leaving Juneau on the ferry to Sitka:

10345776_10203944004106647_4929976502641382081_n.jpg

Mt. Edgecumbe, a volcano across Sitka Sound. For April Fool's one year someone helicoptered in some tires and started a tire fire, and everyone thought it was erupting.

10430925_10203954052277845_4042566655351889769_n.jpg

Hiking near Sitka. Their mountains don't get as much snow as ours, so it was neat to be able to hike in the alpine already. And it's cool that such pretty mountains are right there, right by town.
10390393_10203954050757807_7534294508404194577_n.jpg

10404275_10203954049637779_8428013452284827788_n.jpg

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Another sunset pic, this one of DH skiing, Sat night.
ry%3D400
Wow, that's beautiful. I grew up in Illinois, and I seem to remember similar areas in southern Illinois and Indiana.
Ditto>Chicago. Shawnee National Forest in southern IL (notably, Garden of the Gods), Brown County in southern IN. It's not all flat lands!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga